|11-17-2007, 12:41 PM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2006
Device: Kindle 3
Help please: LRF to rtf or doc?
I have a book of short stories purchased from Connect. I would like to share a story in it with a friend, who does not have a Reader. He is on dial-up, so I can't email him screenshots of pages.
1. how can I find/identify the file in the first place? there aren't enough lrf files in my klibrary to account for all the purchased books I have.
2. the copy function doesn't work inside the Connect software on my PC, so I can't paste content into a Word doc, for instance.
3. so is there a way to convert a lrf file into rtf or doc format?
Thanks for any help.
Last edited by Michele; 11-17-2007 at 12:54 PM.
|11-17-2007, 12:54 PM||#2|
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DC Metro area
Device: Shake a stick plus 1
1. The ebooks purchased from Connect have the suffix *.lrx. If you search for that, you will find them.
3. There is no way to convert the ebook because of the DRM. The best you can do is to open up Ebook Library program in full screen mode and take screen shots. Put the screen shots in a zip.
This is why I am adamantly opposed to buying ebooks from Sony. Everyone would be much better off buying their ebooks in the easily breakable MSReader LIT format.
|11-17-2007, 04:18 PM||#3|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
The other option is to let him borrow your reader and read it that way.
|11-17-2007, 04:47 PM||#4|
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Linköpng, Sweden
Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Or you could put the reader in a scanner and then ocr the images...
|11-17-2007, 06:28 PM||#5|
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grass Valley, CA
Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Creating Bookmarks in RTF or DOC files?||NiftyNifty1||Sony Reader Dev Corner||1||02-01-2009 07:58 AM|
|rtf to lrf, is it possible to have images on lrf?||sergiodongala||Calibre||2||01-12-2009 07:23 PM|
|Cannot read RTF and DOC files in PRS505||garada k-7||Sony Reader||7||11-19-2008 07:08 PM|
|.rtf bigger than .doc||diabloNL||Sony Reader||14||11-22-2006 11:17 AM|
|Converting *.imp to rtf/hmtl/doc||dreddengineer||Workshop||6||07-06-2006 12:07 PM|