Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-18-2011, 05:30 AM   #1
scissors
Addict
scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs300, kindle keyboard 3g
calibre 0.8.31 epub recipes bug?

Installed latest calibre - ran daily mirror recipe 3 times. On my prs300 the TOC loads but the hyperlinks fail giving a blank screen and no entry sign on device.

Went back to previous version. ran recipe. all works fine.

Bug?
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:03 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You mean the special SONY reader TOC, i.e. the one accessible via the Table of contents button at the bottom of the book?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 12-18-2011, 08:17 AM   #3
dasym
Connoisseur
dasym began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle. iPad 3
Same thing happened to me with The Independent and The Scotsman recipes. I went back to 8.29 (the last version I'd used) and all was OK.

When you go to some links in Mantano or Aldiko (either from a sections page or from the table of contents) you get a white page instead of the content and the page number is always 1/nnn regardless of the real page. It works OK in Moon+ Reader.
dasym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
scissors
Addict
scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You mean the special SONY reader TOC, i.e. the one accessible via the Table of contents button at the bottom of the book?
Hi kovid.

Both sony TOC (via button) and the underlined ones in the doc. Forgot to mention the calibre reader seems to work okay.

BTW - can you change the installer to ask "You are trying to install an earlier version - continue? yes no" instead of having to manually unistall and then install earlier version.

(And just to be a real pain :-) I still have the need for a recipe to create a mobi AND epub for my 2 devices - can this be done as opposed to preferred output being only 1 file)

Last edited by scissors; 12-18-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:49 AM   #5
scissors
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasym View Post
Same thing happened to me with The Independent and The Scotsman recipes. I went back to 8.29 (the last version I'd used) and all was OK.

When you go to some links in Mantano or Aldiko (either from a sections page or from the table of contents) you get a white page instead of the content and the page number is always 1/nnn regardless of the real page. It works OK in Moon+ Reader.
It's not just me then...
Old 12-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #6
dasym
Connoisseur
dasym began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle. iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scissors View Post
(And just to be a real pain :-) I still have the need for a recipe to create a mobi AND epub for my 2 devices - can this be done as opposed to preferred output being only 1 file)
I think that would be great, too.
dasym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:52 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The bug will be fixed for the next release. There is no way to output to two formats, if you want to do that, I suggest you use two calibre installs.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #8
scissors
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The bug will be fixed for the next release. There is no way to output to two formats, if you want to do that, I suggest you use two calibre installs.
I thought it would be the case (to be honest I was asking for the ticket 9031 to be resolved in a different way - seeing as the responses had not been what i'd expected - you gotta try....I still don't understand why the option to be asked if calibre should convert to a format the connected device uses, can't be turned off so it is done automatically)

What about the install earlier version dialogue box?