Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-14-2011, 12:26 AM   #1
ganymede
Connoisseur
ganymede began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Can't access Calibre Server with Kindle touch

Does anybody know how to get access to a password protected Calibre-server? I can't get access to the password field.
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:09 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
This is not possible as far as I know. The Kindle touch does not support the required authentication method.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
ganymede
Connoisseur
ganymede began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I think the screen of the touch is too small or the login-screen is to big ;-)
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:20 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganymede View Post
I think the screen of the touch is too small or the login-screen is to big ;-)
The login prompt for username/password authentication is built into the browser (i.e. not supplied by the server) so this should not be an issue. As I understand it the limitation is simply that the Kindle Touch browser does not support the required username/password authentication method.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote