Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2), Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 1, iPhone 5
Sony's $50 trade in offer

I was able to trade in a PRS-500 for $50 towards a new T1 no problem. I know on Sony Style's site it says you can only recycle it. But I was able to trade it in no problem at all. Also, I asked if there was any sort of discount on the cover and I got 15% off and got the light cover.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage; iPad Mini Retina; Sonys; Nooks
Thanks for sharing, Jon! Hope you enjoy the new T1.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 12-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Thanks for sharing, Jon! Hope you enjoy the new T1.
Thanks, but it's not for me. It's a gift. I have my 650. But I will get to play with it to set it up as it will need a firmware update and all the book loaded on it and put in collections. I'm going to try the manual method of collections. That may do fine since Reader for PC won't allow manual drag/drop like Reader Library does.

I may give Calibre a go and try to learn how to use it to load books on the T1 into collections. But I'll first see how it goes doing it manually.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage; iPad Mini Retina; Sonys; Nooks
That's very generous of you. I hope that whoever you gift it to enjoys it!

I've been doing manual drag/drop for now. Here's a quick tip. When I setup my T1, I intentionally drag and dropped in small groups of books common to a collection. That way when you add them to the collection on the device they are grouped together already and you have to hunt less through pages of book listings to find them.

I use calibre for transferring books to my Kindle and Nook Color. I've been debating whether I should abandon the Sony software and just setup my entire library in calibre. Just haven't had time to deal with it. It's not that difficult to use calibre to create collections. Assign tags to your books using the names of the collections that you want.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:35 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
That's very generous of you. I hope that whoever you gift it to enjoys it!

I've been doing manual drag/drop for now. Here's a quick tip. When I setup my T1, I intentionally drag and dropped in small groups of books common to a collection. That way when you add them to the collection on the device they are grouped together already and you have to hunt less through pages of book listings to find them.

I use calibre for transferring books to my Kindle and Nook Color. I've been debating whether I should abandon the Sony software and just setup my entire library in calibre. Just haven't had time to deal with it. It's not that difficult to use calibre to create collections. Assign tags to your books using the names of the collections that you want.
Thanks. It is going to my mother-in-law who is using a 505 currently. So I figured the T1 would be a good upgrade for her.

I like your idea of doing the books in groups related to the collections. What I might do though is setup Calibre on the other desktop and use that for dealing with books for the T1. I'll have to see how I get on doing it manually. I think the initial setup of the books will be the biggest time consumer.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:13 PM   #6
drake-r8
drake-r8 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS T1 and Kobo wireless
Trade in a PRS-500 for $50

Quote:
I was able to trade in a PRS-500 for $50 towards a new T1 no problem.
How did you do it? Through their website or at a sony store? If I can trade mine in I just might do it.
drake-r8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #7
uofabigd
uofabigd began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake-r8 View Post
How did you do it? Through their website or at a sony store? If I can trade mine in I just might do it.
Also if you did it through mail, what was the turnaround time? I'd like to get a $49 T1 in exchange for my old PRS-300.
uofabigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake-r8 View Post
I traded it in at the local Sony Style store. If you don't have a local Sony Style store, call them up and tell them about the issue on the web site. I was able to do the trade no problem. But on the website it says it's only available for recycle. I traded in just the 500. Not the charger or the cover. I may sell the cover if anyone is interested. It's a leaver cover. Not the original 500 cover.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #9
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1, Samsung Note 2, Samsung GMP 5, Nexus 7 32GB
The website has a link with the option to trade in at a local store. I have never drag & dropped my books I have always just used the import function under File within the library software then clicked on the books that I wanted added to my Sony library. Now I just let the library sync to my reader.

I've never had a problem with it doing so.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote