Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-14-2011, 05:13 PM   #1
Bear 100
Enthusiast
Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony T1
Series

Newbie to Calibre, just installed and I love it. I have been loading, converting getting meta tags like crazy.

One item that does not seem to be working is "series" I just can't seem to get any books associated with another as part of a series. In meta download confirguration I have "series" checked off. For example I have Eric Flint 1632 which is part of a series, as well as 1633 neither come back with any kind of information in series.

What am I missing.
Bear 100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear 100 View Post
Newbie to Calibre, just installed and I love it. I have been loading, converting getting meta tags like crazy.

One item that does not seem to be working is "series" I just can't seem to get any books associated with another as part of a series. In meta download confirguration I have "series" checked off. For example I have Eric Flint 1632 which is part of a series, as well as 1633 neither come back with any kind of information in series.

What am I missing.
Nothing
Not all Metadata sources have series info (And some have it wrong)
Baen (Webscriptions) has a Series page (Even they don't always agree with the series name published in the books) . http://www.webscription.net/c-9-series.aspx

Once a series name exists, Calibre will help you when you start typing the name.
Preferences: Tweaks has some settings on how it will help number
and Last: There is the Maintain Series Plugin that will help put them in the RIGHT order.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 12-14-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
Bear 100
Enthusiast
Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Okay, I did load a book that showed up in Baen, and then did a meta download and sure enough it showed up. I also got the plug in and read the tweaks.

Is there anything in the metadata download preferences that would help. It is going to be a PITA to get this all sorted manually. Increasing the max time or number of downloads?
Old 12-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G, iPad 3, iPad Air
Just make sure you have the best possible metadata download plugins for the sort of data you want. In the case of series information, imo the best source is Goodreads, with Fantastic Fiction a close second and Barnes & Noble third (but usually better resolution covers than Goodreads or FF).

I'm potentially biased of course as the plugin author of all the above, but the plugins I always have installed/enabled are those three. The Webscription plugin is really only useful for the very small subset of books that they carry in providing some even better covers and detailed descriptions some people like, though I rarely use it myself personally.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #5
Bear 100
Enthusiast

Those additional plug-ins helped quite a bit!