Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 05-08-2004, 04:49 PM   #1
elveejay
elveejay is on a distinguished road

Device: Visor Prism; Tungsten TE
Replacing T E

My T E froze on me. Could not get it past the Palm logo at start up. After reset attempts, I contacted the dealer I bought it from. They replaced the unit with a new one ( I hope). It was in an unopened package. They just gave me the T E and said I should be able to use the CD from the old one. Now I have a new T E charging. I am not sure how best to proceed. Any advice is appreciated. Do I just hotsync now or what?
Old 05-10-2004, 01:14 PM   #2
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
You should be able to simply hotsync with your old data and be good as new. I had something similar happen, and I'm pretty sure that that is all you'll need to do. The only thing is to be sure that your new TE has teh same name as the old one...

Last edited by ignatz; 05-10-2004 at 02:58 PM.