Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Can't get/find Mobo Player

I have tried to register with Android Market, but it will not accept my Canadian registration attempt. It keeps going to USA for the mask...

Can anybody (it is free...) post a link for the latest Mobo Video Player, so I can download it...

Thanks,
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:07 PM   #2
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
Do a google search for mobo player apk ?
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #3
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
Do a google search for mobo player apk ?
---------------------------------
Edit: Found a working and loadable copy. It works great. Plays movies just fine. Thanks for the head's up.

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 12-02-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:58 AM   #4
MegaSilver
MegaSilver began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader Paradice View Post
---------------------------------
Edit: Found a working and loadable copy. It works great. Plays movies just fine. Thanks for the head's up.
Any idea where you got it? All I find are maeketplace links or paid sites
MegaSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #5
wilbrich
Connoisseur
wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo (original), Sony Tablet, Sony PRS505
Well, if you're not particular about your sources, try apktop.com.
wilbrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Any idea where you got it? All I find are maeketplace links or paid sites
Actually, I was as frustrated as you seem. I just did a 'Mobo Player' Google search and kept going on down the line until I found a site that had a clean link to the latest version. I honestly can't tell you what that link was now..but if I found it, as I described, you will too.

It works great, as others pointing me to it, stated. I was watching P.O.T.Carib with just a very slight stutter here and there. My movie is H.D. and has Dolby. It handled the vid and soundtrack just fine. In fact, I prefer now to watch my movies on the Vox! The colours and their depth are fabulous! I listen through high-end headphones and the Vox sounds great. After an hour and a half, the Battery is just about half on the icon.

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 12-04-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #7
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader Paradice View Post
I have tried to register with Android Market, but it will not accept my Canadian registration attempt. It keeps going to USA for the mask...
When I got a library card last week and the librarian told me how to borrow books using the Vox, she told me not to click the Android Market button to download Overdrive because the Vox was too new and not registered yet.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:00 AM   #8
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
I got the Overdrive app for my Vox. Can't remember where I got it... probably still have the apk file.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:49 AM   #9
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
When I got a library card last week and the librarian told me how to borrow books using the Vox, she told me not to click the Android Market button to download Overdrive because the Vox was too new and not registered yet.
Look in the right hand column. http://www.overdrive.com/Software/omc/,
for http://www.overdrive.com/partners/re...=OMCForAndroid
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #10
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
---------------------------------------------------

That makes sense.

Thanks
Old 12-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #11
Darnielle
Enthusiast
Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

There are a number of market alternative sites and apps around. I won't name or provide links to any since some border on piracy, but as long as you act like the mayor of Moralton (I don't mean Clay Puppington) you should be fine. Google 'Android Market Alternatives' and you'll find some of the best straight away.
Darnielle is offline   Reply With Quote