Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
CaelThunderwing
Connoisseur
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: K3(Wifi+3G) K4NT(Wifi Only WSO)
Possible to run Java .jar's directly?

i know the Kindle 3 Would make a LOUSY Server at this but more a "See if i can" deal,

i was curious if its possible to run a Java .jar directly from the Terminal (mytts is installed) as i was curious if the Kindle could of run a Minecraft server Just to see IF it could not that it'd be Pratical,

Since the Kindle itself uses Java (and im not talking about the browser i know the browser only supports Javascript)
CaelThunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
It's running Java ME CVM (1.4, PBP, JSR-217). In short, no. Your normal java programs are compiled for 1.6 first of all. Java SE or EE, secondly. And may not support CVM thirdly. Only very simple java programs or ones compiled specifically for JSR-217 will work.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 12-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #3
CaelThunderwing
Connoisseur
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

even if it ends in Failure i'd Still like to try. i Just dont know Ho wto make it launch it,
Old 12-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #4
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Ssh in
Type java -jar jarfile
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #5
wiccan2
Connoisseur
wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3 - 3g, Samsung Galaxy Note
I've been using sowtware from optWare to run and compile java on the kindle.

If you have optWare try installing cacao to run java applications, it uses the same syntax as java does on other platforms.

Also if you would like to compile java use jikes also from optWare. You'll need to get the jdk from oracle for it to work and it only compiles pre-generic code but it can be useful.
wiccan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #6
CaelThunderwing
Connoisseur

i tried to setup OptWare, and manage dto Ruin the FS, lucky i fixed it,

is there a cleaner method of it?

Last edited by CaelThunderwing; 12-06-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #7
wiccan2
Connoisseur
wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3 - 3g, Samsung Galaxy Note
I have optWare set up in an image file. The instructions on how to do it are further down in the optWare thread. It uses symlinks so that the files don't have to touch the kindle fs.
wiccan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:21 AM   #8
CaelThunderwing
Connoisseur

i can try again soon but im worried Amazon's going to start getting supecious from more and more factory resets, you able to compress the pre-made image and upload it?
Old 12-07-2011, 06:49 AM   #9
danik
danik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 3G
you can find a zipped image for OptWare on my homepage
danik is offline   Reply With Quote