Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 09:29 AM   #1
Gilmartin
Zealot
Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PW2
Quick Question re my new PRS-T1

My reader arrived this morning Had no problem at all with set-up or connecting to my home wi-fi. But have just bought a book via Reader Desktop from Waterstones. The cover art was showing as "blank" on both reader desktop and the device. So I opened up Calibre and asked it to fetch the cover, which it did. Cover art is now showing on Reader desktop and Calibre, but not on the PRS-T1- the book is there but the cover is a blank.
I'm sure I read a thread a while back about this, but search as I might I cannot find it.
Can anyone help, please?
Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Delete the book on the T1, then add it again.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 12-02-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
Gilmartin
Zealot
Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Delete the book on the T1, then add it again.
Thanks, I tried that but no joy- still a blank cover. Cailbre refuses to transfer it to the Reader- it says format not supported??? Sony Reader Desktop transfers it ok, but minus the cover.
Any other help welcome.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #4
Gilmartin
Zealot

Solved

Solved it. I was loading the ACSM file, which appeared in my download dir, to Calibre. After a bit of Googling I found out that this file is only to do with Adobe's DRM- the ebup file was in my docs/books. Loaded it into Calibre, downloaded cover, transferred to device and the cover is there now.
Easy once I discovered my noob error

Thanks again for the help
Old 12-02-2011, 02:46 PM   #5
Gilmartin
Zealot

Screensaver

The cover of the books now appear on the home screen OK. But if I set screensaver to cover of last read, the cover comes up as blank on the screensaver.
Am I missing something?