Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
Tony1988
Evangelist
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Good light for the 350

I have everything I need for my 350 http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157324

EXCEPT a light. Anyone know of a light that is good for the 350. I would like it to fit this case.
http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Leathe...1467108&sr=8-5

and the gel skin i bought for the reader for indoor use.(see first link)

I was thinking of the mighty bright brand of lights. Im just not sure which one will give me adequate light coverage for this reader and which one will attach the most secure.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:04 PM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350: 3 Silver, 2 Blue!; Kobo Glo
I have 2 extra lights for reading when I don't have my preferred Sony lighted cover with me.

I love the Verso Arc Light, it fits very nicely on top of the reader with the Sony non-lighted cover. You'll have to see if you have enough free space along the top of the reader to attach it with your cover on though, the shoe needs 1-1/4" free from the cover in the middle. I love that it's rechargeable, and it uses the same USB connection as the reader. It lights up the reading space evenly and no glare spots.

I also have the Might Bright Travel Flex for my 350 and it fits great with a cover. I attach it to the back flap that's turned under the reader while you're reading, and twist the neck so it's really sideways across the top of the reader and it also lights up the reader very well and evenly, no glare spots for me. I also like that it only takes one AAA battery.

I don't know how either one could attach with the silicone skin on though, I think the clip wouldn't be able to attach to the full thickness of the reader and skin.

As far as how securely they attach, if you turn the reader upside down and shake it, both would probably come off, the Verso quicker than the Mighty Flex. But I certainly don't have any problem with them staying on as they should just while reading.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 12-01-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 12-01-2011, 10:26 PM   #3
Tony1988
Evangelist
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Thanks for the suggestions Ripp. I saw that mighty bright at barnes and noble. I may have to pick it up this week.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:36 AM   #4
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1, T3T2 . Finally the Dark Side, aK-Paperwhite
Sony themselves do/did a little nifty clip-on, for books generally,cheap too (in UK anyway)
which does a decent job.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:14 AM   #5
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350 (silver, blue); PRS-300 (†), Kindle Paperwhite
Any suggestions for a light usable WITHOUT cover on a 350?

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:19 AM   #6
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350: 3 Silver, 2 Blue!; Kobo Glo
The Verso Arc Light I mentioned above fits directly on the top edge of the reader and not on the cover at all.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:00 AM   #7
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
I like the Kandle from Amazon. Funny, using the Kindle light with the Sony but it works well.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #8
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, Paperwhite 2; various tablets
I have that case and a Kandle, so I tested them together. It holds fine, but there is a shadow at the top of the 350's display, at least 1/4" or 6mm, where any repositioning to lessen the shadow makes the attachment tenuous. The problem is that the light source does not sit out far enough when the Kandle is clamped onto the thick case + 350. This is due to Kandle being a clamp, where the light source opens up from the same pivot point as the clamp itself. So there's the angle of the clamp, then another additive angle of the light source. So it's better when the clamp angle is less.

On the bare 350 there's no shadow, and on the 350 in a TPU skin I can position the Kandle at a slight angle forward so there's no shadow.

Having said that, I have been using the Kandle on the 350 with TPU skin, and don't recall whether I repositioned the light or just lived with the shadow. But I'm relatively oblivious to comfort issues, so my experiences have little bearing on how you would feel about the shadow. My wild guess would be that you wouldn't like it, unless your ebooks have large top margins or you really value the compactness of the Kandle.
jj2me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #9
spacebrew
Enthusiast
spacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-350, Droid X2
I have one I bought at Target that works awesomely. It's as wide as the screen on the 350 and it works with or without a cover on it. I can't find it at target.com right now, or I'd post a picture. It cost 10 bucks though, and I love it so much I'm thinking of buying a few more for future-proofing. I'll post pics if I can find it.

e: here's a picture of one. The lights aren't really blue like they look here, and it's hard to see what's going on with it, but it's basically expandable to fit something up to like 3/4" thick.

Check it: http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/.../booklight.jpg

Last edited by spacebrew; 12-02-2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Added picture
spacebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:26 AM   #10
spacebrew
Enthusiast
spacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-350, Droid X2
Okay, I finally got around to getting some pictures. Sorry it took so long, but I wanted good ones to show how perfect this light is for the Sony Reader. Here they are:

spacebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #11
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: PB360, Sony PRS650
I use the mighty bright travel light with my case. I love it. I have bought a few of them as gifts. I also have the following one that will work on thicker items. It takes 3 AAA batteries but I find they last longer. This one can clip on the reader itself so works well if you don't have a case.

http://www.mightybright.com/eReader-...-eReader-Light
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote