Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
huberhans
Junior Member
huberhans began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 4
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2011
Device: kobo vox
vox is not starting again, green light is flashing

After copying files into the kobo library suddenly shows me an error message "no internal memory available". After turning off the kobo now it is not possible to turn on the device again. I have tried to start it with the internal reset button (battery) and with the hard reset (10 seconds and so on)...but nothing works.
Anyone some ideas to start the vox again?
thank you.
huberhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.
 
Posts: 113
Karma: 199002
Join Date: Oct 2011
Device: Boxes of Voxes
How did you copy files into the library? We're you copying stuff via USB connection to your computer? Where did you put them?

Thanks,
James
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
huberhans
Junior Member
huberhans began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 4
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2011
Device: kobo vox
Hi James. I choose "load content into kobo library" and kobo vox was starting copying files from my external sd card (32 gb). apparently the device copyied my pdf files from the external sd card into the library too. these pdf files are bigger then 6 gb (comics).
huberhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
pokee
Fanatic
pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.
 
Posts: 564
Karma: 192611
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC
Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by huberhans View Post
Hi James. I choose "load content into kobo library" and kobo vox was starting copying files from my external sd card (32 gb). apparently the device copyied my pdf files from the external sd card into the library too. these pdf files are bigger then 6 gb (comics).
DUDE...I am surprised your Vox didn't explode!

Something tells me that you don't get a friendly message on your Vox saying that you cannot copy your files because you do not have enough space...

I hope you can get it resolved without a factory reset (but...it's not so bad to do one, if you must)...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
huberhans
Junior Member
huberhans began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 4
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2011
Device: kobo vox
i have tried all kinds of "resets"....nothing works. the green light is flashing and flashing and flashing.....
huberhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:00 PM   #6
huberhans
Junior Member
huberhans began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 4
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2011
Device: kobo vox
update: hard reset (volume up + power on) is working now, but resetting doesn´t work.
huberhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:01 PM   #7
Ellio
Junior Member
Ellio began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 8
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2011
Device: Vox
Mine won't start no matter what I do... I've:
- pried off the back, held the button down for 1 second
- pried off the back, held the button down for 10 seconds
- held the power button down for 1 second
- held the power button down for 10 seconds
- held the power button down for 30 seconds
- held volume up + power button for 1 second
- held volume up + power button for 10 seconds
- held volume up + power button for 30 seconds
- removed battery, plugged back in, repeat above methods

I'm at a standstill here... I didn't transfer files over, I didn't do anything, it just went to sleep, and refuses to work now
Ellio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:07 PM   #8
pokee
Fanatic
pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.
 
Posts: 564
Karma: 192611
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC
Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellio View Post
Mine won't start no matter what I do... I've:
- pried off the back, held the button down for 1 second
- pried off the back, held the button down for 10 seconds
- held the power button down for 1 second
- held the power button down for 10 seconds
- held the power button down for 30 seconds
- held volume up + power button for 1 second
- held volume up + power button for 10 seconds
- held volume up + power button for 30 seconds
- removed battery, plugged back in, repeat above methods

I'm at a standstill here... I didn't transfer files over, I didn't do anything, it just went to sleep, and refuses to work now
Try charging your Vox for 5 hours and then do the factory reset (follow instructions in my previous thread).

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157880

Hopefully that will work for you!

Last edited by pokee; 11-29-2011 at 03:15 PM.
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:31 PM   #9
Ellio
Junior Member
Ellio began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 8
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2011
Device: Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
Try charging your Vox for 5 hours and then do the factory reset (follow instructions in my previous thread).

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157880

Hopefully that will work for you!
Unfortunately I tried that last night, and it didn't work... I'll take another shot at it in a few hours when I get off work... Hopefully it works this time :/
Ellio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:25 PM   #10
Ellio
Junior Member
Ellio began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 8
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2011
Device: Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellio View Post
Unfortunately I tried that last night, and it didn't work... I'll take another shot at it in a few hours when I get off work... Hopefully it works this time :/
Yup... Charged for +8 hours, still flashing green light.

Removed battery, held volume up button, plugged battery back in, held power button, let go after 1 minute, no dice.

Removed battery, plugged back in, held volume up button, held power button, let go after 1 minute, still nothing but that friggin flashing green light >_<
Ellio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:20 PM   #11
pokee
Fanatic
pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.
 
Posts: 564
Karma: 192611
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC
Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
The instructions for the factory reset do not include removing / plugging back in the battery.

Did you follow the instructions for the factory reset as published by Kobo? If so, you should be exchanging your Vox, as it is likely a hardware problem...that's my guess, anyway...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #12
Ellio
Junior Member
Ellio began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 8
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2011
Device: Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
The instructions for the factory reset do not include removing / plugging back in the battery.

Did you follow the instructions for the factory reset as published by Kobo? If so, you should be exchanging your Vox, as it is likely a hardware problem...that's my guess, anyway...
I know they didn't include that, it was the only way to make sure that it's a *fresh* turn on/turn off.
Ellio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:22 PM   #13
Firemaker
Junior Member
Firemaker began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 12
Join Date: Nov 2011
Device: none
The problem is that the bootsector/bootimage is somehow corrupted.

After rebooting the System is still softbricked! What would fix the problem is a full dump Image from a stock device created on the sd card.

Where can we get a system dump from the kobo box?
Firemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #14
Ellio
Junior Member
Ellio began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 8
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2011
Device: Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaker View Post
The problem is that the bootsector/bootimage is somehow corrupted.

After rebooting the System is still softbricked! What would fix the problem is a full dump Image from a stock device created on the sd card.

Where can we get a system dump from the kobo box?
If someone is able to obtain this, and it actually works in fixing my Vox, I will be very grateful.

I've contacted support several days ago, and have yet to receive a response... Are there really *that* many people with issues that they can't keep on top of things in a reasonable time frame?
Ellio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:43 PM   #15
Firemaker
Junior Member
Firemaker began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 12
Join Date: Nov 2011
Device: none
If someone could dump his stock SD Card content as an imagefile so that we can have the micro sd card stock that would fix our problem with the flashing light.

The recovery can be performed but the device still stays softbricked since the data on other partitions is corrupted.

Anyone can dump the content of his sd card?
Firemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blue light flashing on page turns nuageuse Kobo Reader 9 04-29-2011 07:56 PM
orange light not flashing while loading JeanC PocketBook 4 12-05-2010 08:53 AM
DR1000 the top red light flashing and several green lights on bokjeid iRex 5 10-18-2010 12:17 PM
Gen3 HELP green light doesn't go off JanG Bookeen 7 09-05-2010 06:24 AM
PRS-300: orange charge light flashing constantly Louise_D Sony Reader 6 04-16-2010 01:11 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.