Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Changes I noticed after my factory reset...

I did a factory reset on the weekend to resolve a software error with my Kobo library that came up on Friday, and I've noticed a few things after I did the reset:

1. After I turn my Vox on or wake it from sleep, the screen that appears now has my last read Kobo book cover on it (whereas before, it just had a blank screen with a quote).

2. My WiFi appears to have more difficulty connecting (takes longer - and twice now, I've needed to do a reboot to resolve a hanging WiFi connection attempt).

3. Battery life appears to be better - but I think that may have something to do with my turning off WiFi prior to shutting it down.

It will be interesting if I notice anything else this week...but, I have a feeling that the firmware update will be released shortly, so perhaps we'll all be noticing some changes soon...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
larrymohr
Zealot
larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.

Device: KOBO Vox, Google Nexus 7, Kobo AURA, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post

1. After I turn my Vox on or wake it from sleep, the screen that appears now has my last read Kobo book cover on it (whereas before, it just had a blank screen with a quote).
check in settings - location and security settings

there is a setting under "Lock Screen Background"
of "Use Current Read Book Cover"

see if it is now checked?

Larry
larrymohr is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 11-21-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
larrymohr
Zealot
larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.

Device: KOBO Vox, Google Nexus 7, Kobo AURA, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post

2. My WiFi appears to have more difficulty connecting (takes longer - and twice now, I've needed to do a reboot to resolve a hanging WiFi connection attempt).
Pokee,

I am assuming you are still using Advanced WIFI Lock. It may have something to do with those settings because I have noticed the same thing and my RESET was a week or so ago but I have only had the Advanced WIFI Lock a few days.

I may try uninstalling it since I am turning WIFI off before I put the Vox to sleep. If I do, I will report the results here!

Larry
larrymohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #4
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymohr View Post
check in settings - location and security settings

there is a setting under "Lock Screen Background"
of "Use Current Read Book Cover"

see if it is now checked?

Larry
I think based on a previous thread, that the Kobo glitch is seeing the quotes when there is a current read book. So, as far as I remember, seeing this cover actually means your Vox is working better!
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote