Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Wifi issues?

Okay, I've been having some strange wifi/network issues since I got the Kindle Fire. Could be coincidence, but it seems like sometimes the Fire is just incapable of connecting with any app, even when the network is good, and (perhaps coincidentally) other times my internet connection seems to drop out as well.

Anyone else?
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:24 AM   #2
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Nope working fine for me.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 11-19-2011, 12:57 AM   #3
Blossom
Grand Sorcerer
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW/K4B/K4S/K3+3G KF1/KFHD2/N7.2/SGP 4.2 SGP 5.0/LG Vortex
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
Okay, I've been having some strange wifi/network issues since I got the Kindle Fire. Could be coincidence, but it seems like sometimes the Fire is just incapable of connecting with any app, even when the network is good, and (perhaps coincidentally) other times my internet connection seems to drop out as well.

Anyone else?
No issues here. It could be your router or your signal strength.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:01 AM   #4
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
No problems here.
jswinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:13 AM   #5
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 6, iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
It could be the router. Mine wouldn't connect the other day and it was the router mucking up as usual. See if restarting it makes any difference. My router spits out a new IP every second (because it keeps resetting every few minutes) and it makes mobile devices go crazy.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:29 AM   #6
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 3
All good here.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:49 AM   #7
Blossom
Grand Sorcerer
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No issues here. I think a faulty router could cause the problem you are having.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:34 AM   #8
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
I guess its on my end, router or maybe TWC. Just seemed to coincide with the arrival of the KF.

I have noticed another problem related to the wifi though; when the wifi is turned off the page animations in the reader app get more jerky. Another person brought this up in a different thread but I cant remember who. When I tested it it is definitely true.

Also the turn off wifi button sometimes refuses to work.

Last edited by weatherman; 11-19-2011 at 06:47 AM.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #9
Blossom
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I guess its on my end, router or maybe TWC. Just seemed to coincide with the arrival of the KF.

I have noticed another problem related to the wifi though; when the wifi is turned off the page animations in the reader app get more jerky. Another person brought this up in a different thread but I cant remember who. When I tested it it is definitely true.

I leave WiFi off and do not have this problem. I use an app to turn WiFi on and off. It works great but sometimes I have to push the icon twice to get it to turn back on.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:37 PM   #10
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Quote:

I've got TWC high speed internet and it can get flaky at times. Ditto for TWC TV too!
jswinden is online now   Reply With Quote