Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
kdoc
Enthusiast
kdoc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Several Questions: Help

Can you help me with these:

1. have the older Kindle, and now the Fire. I downloaded a sample book and "bought" some free books from Amazon into the Fire, but they don't 't show up in the older Kindle. I turned on Wireless in both, and clicked on Sync in the Fire. What is going on? (All of my books and underlines which were on the older Kindle went effortlessly onto the Fire). Also, they didn't show up in the Fire if I used Amazon on the computer to download them; I had to control the purchase it from the Kindle Fire.

2. Can I use the older charger (from old Kindle), on this new one? It's more compact.

3. Sometimes I have to hit the screen several times--sometimes hard--to get it to respond. Is this the way it is, or do I have a faulty one?

4. the Font is tiny in Google and Wikipedia: can anything be done about that?

5.Can that ridiculous carousel be changed --we don't need at Home to see everything in the cloud.

Please Help
kdoc
kdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
1) you can share purchases between kindles as long as their on the same account, but they're not all synced in that way. To send the book to the old kindle you'll have to go to the Amazon website then to Your Account and Manage Your Kindle. Pick the book you want to send and then click the button on the right side and choose which kindle to send it to.

2) yes. I'm not sure it charges as fast, but it works.

3) many people seem to have this problem. I think it's a software bug rather than a problem with the actual screen

4) don't know

5) you can change the carousel by getting a new launcher. I havent don't it but this thread may help

Last edited by weatherman; 11-20-2011 at 05:22 PM.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdoc View Post

1. have the older Kindle, and now the Fire. I downloaded a sample book and "bought" some free books from Amazon into the Fire, but they don't 't show up in the older Kindle. I turned on Wireless in both, and clicked on Sync in the Fire. What is going on? (All of my books and underlines which were on the older Kindle went effortlessly onto the Fire). Also, they didn't show up in the Fire if I used Amazon on the computer to download them; I had to control the purchase it from the Kindle Fire.

2. Can I use the older charger (from old Kindle), on this new one? It's more compact.

3. Sometimes I have to hit the screen several times--sometimes hard--to get it to respond. Is this the way it is, or do I have a faulty one?

5.Can that ridiculous carousel be changed --we don't need at Home to see everything in the cloud.

Please Help
kdoc
For #4 change settings within the web app. In the Web app on the Options Bar (across bottom of screen) press Menu --> Settings. There are several settings you might wish to change like the Text Size and Desktop or Mobile View options. Just play with the settings until the pages are to your liking.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
Blossom
Wrapped up in Christmas
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 4 Kindles, 2 Kindle Fires, 2 SGPs, Nexus 7 and Fire Phone
Quote:

You can access those books from the Archive on your other Kindles. You need to search for the title of book if your Archive is large.

Quote:
I don't think you can. I'm not sure but I think it's need more power then the old version.

Quote:
I don't have this issue try to clean the screen. Sometimes a dirty screen will cause this or Screen Filter app is use that also causes this. I find light feathery touches work best.

Quote:
Do you mean in silk? Double tap on the webpage to zoom in or in Silk's settings you can change the font size as well.

Quote:
I wish it could but no we are stuck with it. Hopefully Amazon will fix it. There is a feedback app on the Fire were you can send your feedback directly to Amazon. See this thread here
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #5
xari
Kindle Obsessed.
xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.

Device: K3, K4, Kindle Fire.
Quote:
I was running into the same problem occasionally myself, but last night found that my Fire responded better to light, quick touches of the icons.

Previous to that, when I was trying to oh-so-carefully select an item, the Fire didn't always respond (or the screen would just scroll up-down or left-right).

But last night, when I--completely by accident--began to just very lightly touch items/icons to select them, the Fire responded immediately.

Give it a try and good luck!
xari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:49 PM   #6
Blossom
Wrapped up in Christmas
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 4 Kindles, 2 Kindle Fires, 2 SGPs, Nexus 7 and Fire Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by xari View Post
I was running into the same problem occasionally myself, but last night found that my Fire responded better to light, quick touches of the icons.

Previous to that, when I was trying to oh-so-carefully select an item, the Fire didn't always respond (or the screen would just scroll up-down or left-right).

But last night, when I--completely by accident--began to just very lightly touch items/icons to select them, the Fire responded immediately.

Give it a try and good luck!
Yes it's very sensitive. Just lightly touch something. It takes some time to get use to a capacitive screen.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote