Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-15-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Comic Book Options

I want to be able to Sideload Comics and use a viewer to read them on the Fire. Preferably I'd like to upload them to the cloud and have them available to read from the fire, is this possible. I still have the majority of my 20gb cloud left to me.
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 FHD (aka 2013, 2nd gen), Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy s3
Me too. There are several apps in the non-Fire market that do this, including ACV, but to install you need an aneroid launcher and so far either every one crashes before you can even launch the comic reader, or the app (aneroid comic viewer aka acv) will crash on your 2nd or 3rd page turn of a CBR file.

When i find something that works ill post it here.

Ps right now the only fire-approved Alan app store app is comics by comixology, which has a ton of free cont but will not help you view external content.
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #3
Blossom
Wrapped up in Christmas
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 4 Kindles, 2 Kindle Fires, 2 SGPs, Nexus 7 and Fire Phone
Try one of these They all can be sideloaded and downloaded from there. The Droid ones seems to be the popular one on the Market next to Perfect viewer. ACV seems to be the one to stay away from. It crashes on large files.
Blossom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:15 PM   #4
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Comic Book Mobi is one that I've found that seems to work pretty well. I'ts not 100%, but it is better on the Fire than the other comic app (cant remember the name) and it has a really clever text zoom that works on cbr / cbz. I sideloaded it and so far its stable, though not without its quirks.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #5
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, Kobo Touch, KFHD 7, GTab 2 7.0, Surface RT, iPad4,
i've been using ACV without any problems. version 1.3.10 if that helps.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:33 PM   #6
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Ipod Touch 2G, iPod Touch 4G, iPad, Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
i've been using ACV without any problems. version 1.3.10 if that helps.
Does ACV suppor .CBR or just .CBZ?
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:38 PM   #7
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post
Does ACV suppor .CBR or just .CBZ?
Both.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:29 AM   #8
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Try Perfect Viewer. It is much better than ACV.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:34 AM   #9
WillysJeepMan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
Try Perfect Viewer. It is much better than ACV.
The last time that I tried Perfect Viewer opening. Cbr/cbz file resulted in displaying a list of files that the cbz contained and then had to pick one from that. ACV in contrast had a more polished interface.

In your opinion what makes Perfect Viewer much better?
Old 11-24-2011, 12:58 AM   #10
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
The last time that I tried Perfect Viewer opening. Cbr/cbz file resulted in displaying a list of files that the cbz contained and then had to pick one from that. ACV in contrast had a more polished interface.

I like the ACV interface better, but speed and page turns were much better in Perfect Viewer.

Edit: I just realized that Perfect Viewer now has a bookshelf view. That makes selecting comics really nice.

Last edited by Noah98; 11-24-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:58 AM   #11
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Quote:
The last time that I tried Perfect Viewer opening. Cbr/cbz file resulted in displaying a list of files that the cbz contained and then had to pick one from that...
That's an option that can be toggled, to just open the contents.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:31 AM   #12
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
...I just realized that Perfect Viewer now has a bookshelf view. That makes selecting comics really nice.
I can't speak for ACV (yet), but I'm surprised at the depth and quality of Perfect Viewer. Especially for a free app (at least on Android Market). I'm still figuring things out. For example, I still can't figure out if I can display the grid that shows the touch zones after I've loaded a comic.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:22 AM   #13
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 FHD (aka 2013, 2nd gen), Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy s3
update

Update: acv does have a problem with large Cbr files... crashing

Quote:

you have to go into preferences and tell it to wrap around from the end of one file to the beginning of the next/previous. Then you CBR file of any size get treated like a book rather than like a collection of individual jpg. Files.

I also am trying to find a way to see the gesture/zone training view after a comic is loaded.
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:40 AM   #14
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
I just downloaded Perfect Viewer (sideloaded) and it's a really great app. Thanks for the recommendation. People should know that they can get it from the Amazon store for $3, and that they can also side-load the shareware version and try it out for free, with a recommended donation of #3. For this app, I think it's worth just paying for the app in the store and getting the automatic updates.

I do want to continue to give a shout to Comic Book Mobi though - I think that the text-zooming is really amazing, and the page turning animation is great too.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:25 PM   #15
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I've been a fan of Perfect Viewer, personally. I've had issues with both, but I've had fewer issues with Perfect Viewer.

Both work just fine, though.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote