Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #91
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
King's 11/22/63 novel ruins your rest!

Well, all I can say, that I can't remember within 20 years, a book that had me so spell-bound, that I found myself reading all night long, binges of 4-7 hours straight!

I simply was loath to put the Touch down. No spoilers here....and loved the ending. Classic 'King' twists....

Mr. King....well done. So very well done. That was worth the $$ spent on it.

Thank you for a great read. Great entertainment!

Jimla Kobo Touch owner
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #92
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy SII
It was a very good book

wish I could go back in time to before I had read it and start again not knowing the story
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 02-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #93
Sydney's Mom
I Bleed Cubby Blue
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Fire HDX , IPad and Samsung Tab 2
I agree. The characterization was similar to vintage King - really, really enjoyed it.
Read it over a weekend so I wouldn't have to cart the pbook on my commute.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #94
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Fire HDX,Nook Samsung Tab4, Onyx T68
I agree, I loved it too.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #95
tonymcfadden
Writer guy
tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, iPad
Great (!)

Great. So I've just (as in JUST) started the first draft of my next book and I have to see this. I'm a huge King fan. I'm going to have to get this now and use it as a reward for finishing.
tonymcfadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #96
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle PW2, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I thought it was dull. It took me forever to get through it.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #97
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I've yet to get to it. But, it's good to hear that it has been received mostly well. I should move it up my list.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #98
lionelsnod
lionelsnod began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I'm about half way through it & I'm really enjoying it. I haven't enjoyed a Stephen King book this much in some time. His writing style is fantastic! I will, however, wait until I finish until I give it a final grade. Sometimes he can venture off into another direction that looses me, so far, so good though!
lionelsnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:12 AM   #99
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionelsnod View Post
I will, however, wait until I finish until I give it a final grade. Sometimes he can venture off into another direction that looses me, so far, so good though!
For me....if a perfect ending was ever written...this book has it.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #100
AintLDS
No soliciting
AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini and Marvin
Fantastic. I was totally binge-reading the last few days.

Well done Mr. King!
AintLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #101
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7
I have one question.

Does it have any IT references? I read about Richie Tozier, Beverly Marsh (Beep Beep Richie) and the clown killer.

Am I right?
AlexGrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #102
ApK
What did you call me?
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGrama View Post
I have one question.

Does it have any IT references? I read about Richie Tozier, Beverly Marsh (Beep Beep Richie) and the clown killer.

Am I right?
Yup.

Fairly self contained, and you don't need to have read 'It,' which I never have, but I was familiar enough with the plot to recognize the references.

I actually found it a bit gratuitous, like the product placement ads in old radio shows, like the guy on the George and Gracie show offering Folgers coffee.

"And if you're enjoying this book, why not check out some of my other fine novels..."

On the other hand, King has create a rich and vast universe of twisted Maine towns, so why not use it.

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 03-05-2012 at 11:28 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #103
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
This pretty much sums up my thoughts on it:

http://entertainment.time.com/2011/1...cted-universe/

I haven't read IT, but I've seen it...just don't remember it. I remember Pennywise not the characters LOL....it didn't detract from my reading experience...but I do like finding Easter Eggs sometimes.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #104
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7
It seems I got it right. Beep Beep Richie
AlexGrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #105
ApK
What did you call me?
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
It was a very good book

wish I could go back in time to before I had read it and start again not knowing the story
Me too, but I wouldn't use that time to re-read the book. Among other things, I'd go to Vegas and bet on the Giants in the Superbowl
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote