Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 10-29-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST GlowLight
Fictionwise 55% off Halloween weekend

Use code 102811 to get 55% off all ebooks (except Samhain Publishing titles) at fictionwise.

You can also use code 27R2WNZ191CS4 at Barnes and Noble to get an original nook for $64 with free shipping. (I expect this is for US customers only.)

Last edited by pdurrant; 10-29-2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: now have correct code for nook offer.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(1/2/3/dx), nook, nookcolr, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Use code 102811 to get 55% off all ebooks (except Samhain Publishing titles) at fictionwise.

You can also use the code to get an original nook for $64 with free shipping. (I expect this is for US customers only.)
got a link for the nook?
koland is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 10-29-2011, 02:10 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, I hadn't realised that wasn't at fictionwise. It's at B&N. Here are the links from the email.

Coupon Details

Link to Buy

But I now see that Fictionwise have failed to actually fill in the coupon code to be used! If they follow up with the actual coupon code in another email, I'll comment again.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:37 PM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Perhaps it's the $25 coupon you get if you join their club?
Old 10-29-2011, 03:15 PM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse

I don't think so. From the small print: "(vi ) may not be combined with any coupon or discount promotion including the Member discount; "

Very odd indeed.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:20 PM   #6
koland
Grand Sorcerer

very much so.

I'm a B&N affiliate and can't find any mention of the promotion. Fictionwise doesn't love me anymore (since I'm a Member, I get "less" on emails, too, apparently), so I didn't get the email.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:01 PM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse

I now have another email from fictionwise. The discount code for the Kobo promotion is 27R2WNZ191CS4 and is entered in the coupon code field on the last page of the order process, so make sure you don't click the final "Place My Order" button before entering the coupon code.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I now have another email from fictionwise. The discount code for the Kobo promotion is 27R2WNZ191CS4 and is entered in the coupon code field on the last page of the order process, so make sure you don't click the final "Place My Order" button before entering the coupon code.
I'd be interested to know if anyone else receives their emails and, if so, if their coupon code is the same (or if it is a one-use only coupon just for your).
Old 10-29-2011, 11:04 PM   #9
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International & Sony PRS-T1 & BlackBerry PlayBook
My coupon code for the Nook offer is slightly different (29TQVWKWCKM44 if anyone wants to try it), but my FW 55% discount coupon is the same as the OP's.
ATDrake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:14 AM   #10
am_mread
Head Goat
am_mread is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad (Stanza 3.2, BlueFire), PRS-505.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
My coupon code for the Nook offer is slightly different (29TQVWKWCKM44 if anyone wants to try it), but my FW 55% discount coupon is the same as the OP's.
Howdy,

I got the same promotion with a $25 off missing Coupon Code. I even called B&N to ask them about it before coming over here to forums, but they couldn't find a record of any such offer. I've been wanting to buy an eBook Reader for my father, and thought this would be perfect. I tried ATDrakes code, and it worked perfectly, got the Nook 1 for $67.84 with taxes and free shipping.

So, ATDrake, thank you very much!

Is there any signs of FW disappearing in the near future? I've been a customer of theres for ages, and have quite a few Micropay dollars out there to use.

Art.
am_mread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:17 AM   #11
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International & Sony PRS-T1 & BlackBerry PlayBook
Glad you were able to use the code to get a gift for your dad.

Fictionwise has been going in an increasingly downward spiral over the past year between the removal of the Agency publishers, the removal of any but eReader DRM formats, and the seemingly random disappearance of occasional MultiFormat and Secure titles. But the upshot is we do seem to get more frequent deep discount coupons for the parts of the catalogue still remaining.

Still, I'd use up the bulk of my Micropay if I were you.

B&N seem determined to kill off the viability of even the Secure eReader option* by not only removing support for it on all the newer Nook readers and Nook for PC/Mac/whatever apps but also apparently removing the eReader iDevice app from the iTunes store and removing from their website the PDB download option for users of pre-10.5 Macs and B&N Reader for Blackberry owners.

If you're not sure what to get, perhaps post the sort of stuff you like to read and people can give suggestions as to similar things in the remaining FW catalogue you might like to try?

* Even though they now own the format as well as Fictionwise and should really include it on all their devices because a reader that can read more formats is generally more desirable than a reader which reads fewer, all other considerations being equivalent, and a reader that can read peoples' older e-books even more desirable.

If B&N think they can get people to re-buy their old eReader format purchases, they will be sadly mistaken, as people are much more likely to simply pirate non-DRM replacement versions of their now-incompatible ebooks and feel understandably justified in doing so.
ATDrake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:51 AM   #12
Blossom
Grand Sorcerer
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW/K4B/K4S/K3+3G KF1/KFHD2/N7.2/SGP 4.2 SGP 5.0/LG Vortex
I grabbed a few more HQ Treasury titles. I'm really am enjoying these even with OCR errors and all!

Spoiler:
1.91 - 1 Better Watch Out [Secure eReader] by Dani Sinclair
1.91 - 1 My Favorite Husband [Secure eReader] by Sally Carleen
1.91 - 1 Porcupine Ranch [Secure eReader] by Sally Carleen
1.91 - 1 The Maverick Takes A Wife [Secure eReader] by Charlotte Moore
-----
7.64 - Total
Blossom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:29 AM   #13
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
My coupon code for the Nook offer is slightly different (29TQVWKWCKM44 if anyone wants to try it),
Oh. That rather implies that each code is a different one-time code. First one to use it is welcome to use mine — I'm not going to do so.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:22 AM   #14
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindlePW + iPad3 + SGP5 + ClipZip
Do PDF ebooks display well on the original Nook? I would consider getting one if I could just read PDF ebooks on it without having to tinker with them

I have lots of PDF ebooks and articles that I've been collecting for a few years (long before the possibility of getting an eReader presented itself) with the intention of reading them off the computer (will never happen now ) and I just can't bear the horrendous conversions, and tinkering around with them seems likes so much hard work when I have properly formatted stuff in abundance to read.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:05 AM   #15
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Do PDF ebooks display well on the original Nook? I would consider getting one if I could just read PDF ebooks on it without having to tinker with them

I have lots of PDF ebooks and articles that I've been collecting for a few years (long before the possibility of getting an eReader presented itself) with the intention of reading them off the computer (will never happen now ) and I just can't bear the horrendous conversions, and tinkering around with them seems likes so much hard work when I have properly formatted stuff in abundance to read.
About the same as with the original Kindle (ie, so-so, depending on the PDF to some extent).

Have you tried using MobiCreator Pro to convert them? Calibre can convert articles and things without much formatting ok, but Mobi does a much better job on books (it handles printers margins and cutting out footers/headers much better, I've found).