Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #16
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Still not fixed today
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #17
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Augh.. This is frustrating.. About 500 books gone missing.. All of them are books downloaded from Kobo.. Strangely some of the kobo books are still on my device but every time I go to sync and a network error occurs I lose more kobo books. :P

The only books I can trust being on my device now are the ones I've sideloaded and those that I've borrowed from the library..

Last edited by Xennex1170; 11-09-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2011, 09:40 AM   #18
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Still not fixed today
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #19
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
At this point, as this is not being widely reported, you might want to think about uninstalling the desktop app, rebooting your computer, reinstalling the latest desktop application, and, after making sure everything that should be in I'm Reading is there, doing a reset of your Kobo WiFi and starting from scratch. If the WiFi ie good to go, you can then do the same with the Vox, if that is still messed up.

It's extreme and a major pain, I know, but it does let you get all the way back to square one and will take care of that odd, but not unheard of situation, where something weird and sorta random happened along the way to screw with your reader or the syncing that time alone will not fix.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:45 PM   #20
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
At this point, as this is not being widely reported, you might want to think about uninstalling the desktop app, rebooting your computer, .
Don't think this will solve it Taming. At least some of us are having an issue with not even being able to select books in our accounts on-line (initially looks like they are there, but if you try and do anything suddenly a bunch of them disappear from "purchase history" (or whatever that screen is called)). It's somewhat spotty. I can do a sync a couple of times with desktop or wifi and it's fine then suddenly lose 1/2 my books and have to sync 6 or 7 times to get them back. That actually happened after I did a factory reset last Friday. There is an issue on the Kobo end somewhere and I'm not sure how many people have it but it's getting frustrating. No idea if it is related to the newspaper issue, but haven't gotten those since last Weds and I've taken to checking with my Kobo Wifi (rather than Touch) so I don't lose the book I'm reading and it seems to even be having issues connecting to the Kobo server.
Going e-mail some higher level contacts at Kobo again since the original ticket I put in about delayed/missing papers that got bumped to tier 2 on Oct 17th finally got it's first response yesterday.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #21
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
At this point, as this is not being widely reported, you might want to think about uninstalling the desktop app, rebooting your computer, reinstalling the latest desktop application, and, after making sure everything that should be in I'm Reading is there, doing a reset of your Kobo WiFi and starting from scratch. If the WiFi ie good to go, you can then do the same with the Vox, if that is still messed up.

It's extreme and a major pain, I know, but it does let you get all the way back to square one and will take care of that odd, but not unheard of situation, where something weird and sorta random happened along the way to screw with your reader or the syncing that time alone will not fix.
Nope didn't work.. Now I have a Kobo Desktop App with NO books in it..

I believe the error message that pops up during syncing the desktop is "Something Unexpected Happened and your sync was cancelled"
Old 11-09-2011, 09:04 PM   #22
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Is this the same issue that's been reported here:

http://getsatisfaction.com/kobo/topi..._going_missing
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:15 PM   #23
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Is this the same issue that's been reported here:

http://getsatisfaction.com/kobo/topi..._going_missing
Yes, it appears to be the same issue.. Books going missing most likely from Nov.4 or so.. My KT book count dropped from about 2050 books to about 1300. Only a handful of the books I downloaded from Kobo remain, those I downloaded then placed on my SD card.

After checking my KT books section I have noticed not 1 kepub remains in my device.. It all got wiped out via the wifi syncs that were failing since about Nov.4.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:18 PM   #24
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
Yes, it appears to be the same issue.. Books going missing most likely from Nov.4 or so.. My KT book count dropped from about 2050 books to about 1300. Only a handful of the books I downloaded from Kobo remain, those I downloaded then placed on my SD card.

After checking my KT books section I have noticed not 1 kepub remains in my device.. It all got wiped out via the wifi syncs that were failing since about Nov.4.
Why can't an email be sent to customers informing them of the issues and ETA for resolution? No one has responded to that thread with an update on this common problem. Ignoring customer problems isn't the way to go.

Last edited by SCION; 11-09-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #25
Xennex1170
Addict

Went and checked the long way.. and I found 70 kepubs on my device out of 830+ that should be there.. I guess the last sync didn't kill everything.. :P

I guess the bright side of this is my KT onboard memory has a lot more space open now. :P

Last edited by Xennex1170; 11-09-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:44 AM   #26
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you tried this on another computer? Maybe you could visit a friend and give it a go there.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:32 AM   #27
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Have you tried this on another computer? Maybe you could visit a friend and give it a go there.
Yep, already tried both KT and desktop app at work and at home, even went to B&N to try the Wifi there for my KT.. No luck.. Server access, at least from my connection points, are failing.

I guess I could try a few McDonald's and Starbucks too..
Old 11-10-2011, 04:38 AM   #28
taming
Trying for calm & polite

I'm really, really curious about this, now. It is a terrible problem to have, and I feel for you, but usually when there is a server problem there are dozens and dozens of people on MR complaining about it and this seems so limited. Generally, that means it is a problem with the device itself, if it is not a problem with the WiFi in use. I'm well and truly stumped.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:34 AM   #29
trevormorse
Enthusiast
trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
taming: I have recently gotten rid of all my Kobo devices and am now trying to get my books out of the Kobo website to get them to my device. So, this is definitely not device specific, I can't see my books on the website.

My real issue is the response from Kobo, which has essentially been nothing. They have also just removed a comment on getsatisfaction with links to the BBB, and some reporters from CTV and Global, so we could take some action...that's just not cool!
trevormorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:44 AM   #30
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevormorse View Post
taming: I have recently gotten rid of all my Kobo devices and am now trying to get my books out of the Kobo website to get them to my device. So, this is definitely not device specific, I can't see my books on the website.

My real issue is the response from Kobo, which has essentially been nothing. They have also just removed a comment on getsatisfaction with links to the BBB, and some reporters from CTV and Global, so we could take some action...that's just not cool!
Wow. That's unsavory, removing links. I noticed a comment was deleted, but didn't realize it had that info that was mentioned in an earlier post. Very shady practices. Like I mentioned in another post, there's no accountability there.