Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-27-2012, 02:34 AM   #181
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
For me the app break "Sorry must be colsed...", if I make any setting. If I do nothing, only install, the app works fine.
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:35 AM   #182
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Could you also please update the roadmap? It's nice to see what's is changed, so the users could test the new features/bugfixes and give feedback.
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #183
sk1
sk1 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspaceman View Post
I would like to get it to work on other ereaders, but I don't know how they store the book data.

at the moment, I read in the data from databases that are populated by the Sony pre-loaded software.

If I can get my hands on a nook touch, then I will make sure this app works on both devices.
If you weren't an ocean away, I might loan you mine for this purpose.

I'm not a dev, but there are folks on xda forums working on a new launcher for the nook touch who would likely be very interested in this project. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1300285

What info would you need to make this compatible with the nook?
sk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:29 AM   #184
met67
Connoisseur
met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook Touch
Quote:
I would like to get it to work on other ereaders, but I don't know how they store the book data.

at the moment, I read in the data from databases that are populated by the Sony pre-loaded software.

If I can get my hands on a nook touch, then I will make sure this app works on both devices.
The Nook Simple Touch stores book info in : /data/data/com.android.providers.media/databases/internal.db DB.
It also saves other info like last reading point on others DBs.

I can give you a sample in PM and help with testing, if you want.

met
met67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:17 AM   #185
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark
mrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to behold

Device: Asus Transformer Prime, Sony PRS-T1, HTC Sensation
Thanks for the offers.

the Nook info I would need is:

The location of the database(s) to read the books info from (thanks met67)
A copy of the database to look at the table structure.

then I can write code to read in from that database or the sony database (depending on which db file is found)

as the db file is in /data/data/com.android.providers.media/databases/
it is 'private' to the nook app, so you will need to root the nook for this to work.

Last edited by mrspaceman; 01-28-2012 at 08:19 AM.
mrspaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #186
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark
mrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to behold

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1 View Post
If you weren't an ocean away, I might loan you mine for this purpose.

I'm not a dev, but there are folks on xda forums working on a new launcher for the nook touch who would likely be very interested in this project. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1300285

What info would you need to make this compatible with the nook?
if the nook was available over here, I would have bought one to start working on it.
I still may get one sent over if I can.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #187
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

okay, looks like I need £130 (GBP) to buy a nook so that I can port my homescreen to work on it.

I'll get saving.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #188
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

if anyone is interested in helping me get a nook, I have added a paypal Donate button to the google code website.

thanks in advance.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #189
met67
Connoisseur
met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Thanks for the offers.

the Nook info I would need is:

The location of the database(s) to read the books info from (thanks met67)
A copy of the database to look at the table structure.

then I can write code to read in from that database or the sony database (depending on which db file is found)

as the db file is in /data/data/com.android.providers.media/databases/
it is 'private' to the nook app, so you will need to root the nook for this to work.
You have a PM
Old 01-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #190
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

Exclamation

For anyone wanting to try out nook support, please try this apk:

http://sonyprst1home.googlecode.com/...me-0.0.4.2.apk

only the currently reading is implemented, no collections, so nothing in the bottom two lists.

please let me know if you try this and what happens.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #191
sk1

Quote:
For anyone wanting to try out nook support, please try this apk:

http://sonyprst1home.googlecode.com/...me-0.0.4.2.apk

only the currently reading is implemented, no collections, so nothing in the bottom two lists.

please let me know if you try this and what happens.
It doesn't launch at all on my nook. Installs fine, but won't launch.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #192
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

okay, try this one (hopefully it will start up and tell you it couldn't find the database file)

http://sonyprst1home.googlecode.com/...me-0.0.4.3.apk

Last edited by mrspaceman; 01-28-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #193
met67
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1 View Post
It doesn't launch at all on my nook. Installs fine, but won't launch.
Same here, installs, android asks which home to launch when pressing home button, but won't do anything.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #194
sk1

Quote:
okay, try this one (hopefully it will start up and tell you it couldn't find the database file)

http://sonyprst1home.googlecode.com/...me-0.0.4.4.apk
Same problem with this version. PM-ing you the log file.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #195
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

okay, try this one

I was referencing some constants that I thought would be available, but as I don't use them, I've removed them.

http://sonyprst1home.googlecode.com/...me-0.0.4.4.apk

This sort of issue, would be solved a lot quicker with a device.

I've added a donate button to the google code webpage for anyone who wants to help me save up to get one (or if you like this app and want more features.)