Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 11:56 PM   #1
mtsp
Enthusiast
mtsp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
K3 3.3 Jailbreak

Can I do it?
If so, how?

Thanks!
mtsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:18 AM   #2
CaelThunderwing
Zealot
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: K3(Wifi+3G)
i did it w/ a lil diffculty its all a matter of timing.

download the 0.10N Jailbreak, restart the kindle Soon as your at home screen put it in USB mode (connect it) copy update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3gb_install.bin over , press Menu --> Settings then press menu again and select "Update" if it works you'll get an U004 Error (this is normal!)

from there you can install Launchpad, USBNetworking etc,
CaelThunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@CaelThunderwing: No, it's not (a matter of timing, and normal that you get a failed update).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:26 PM   #4
CaelThunderwing
Zealot
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: K3(Wifi+3G)
the timing seems to be for KSO owners if i copied it over and waited too long it would grey out Update. despite i got an U004 it still worked for me, though mines a Wifi Only K3 KSO
CaelThunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:50 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@CaelThunderwing: For this specific purpose (AFAIK), a KSO is strictly identical to a classic Kindle, so it shouldn't be any different. And, unless you have the wireless on, and a pending official update (even then, I'm not so sure about that), the update option shouldn't disappear. And a failed jailbreak install certainly wouldn't jailbreak a Kindle (on FW 3.x), especially not a U004 error [which would more likely indicate that you're trying to run a jailbreak install not targeted at your specific Kindle version [>= 3.2.1], which your first message here confirms).

Since you've been able to install custom hacks since, my best guess would be that, on top of using the wrong .bin file, [and not uninstalling your previous jailbreak if your intent was to update it], your Kindle was already jailbroken anyway.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-04-2011 at 05:58 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #6
mtsp
Enthusiast
mtsp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
So... No dice?
mtsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #7
andylau913
andylau913 began at the beginning.