Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
moore
moore began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Thumbs down Anyone know how to fix my frozen Vox?

So I was beyond excited when my Vox showed up on Nov 1. Plugged her in, then attempted to set up. Had the Upgrade error that appears common but tried 3 or 4 times and finally succeeded. Then the screen froze. I am stuck at the screen that is trying to tell me to "Get started" or to click on a welcome clip. My screen will not do ANYTHING. No home button, no back button, no keyboard...just frozen. I can turn it on and off and that's it. Anyone have any insight? I called Customer Service yesterday morning and was told to expect contact form Tier 2 tech support...I called back this afternoon and was told they still can't help and to wait for Tier 2. I'm not impressed Any help would be appreciated!
moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I have no idea if this will help, but I recovered from something truly stupid I did that resulted in a freeze by plugging in by the USB, mounting the Vox, and then unmounting.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 07:19 PM   #3
moore
moore began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I have no idea if this will help, but I recovered from something truly stupid I did that resulted in a freeze by plugging in by the USB, mounting the Vox, and then unmounting.
So I plugged it in via USB and when I powered on the screen told me it's USB connected but won't let me touch ok to get past the screen. I am thinking the touch isn't working for some reason...It's not possible that I unknowingly locked myself out or anything right? I can still power on and off, the screen still flips from vertical to horizontal on the USB info screen, volume still adjusts...I just can't get the touch screen to work AT ALL.
moore is offline   Reply With Quote