Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-01-2011, 10:21 PM   #1
Tzar
World War II buff
Tzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kobo Glo
Bonjour from Quebec !

Hello folks,

I am a French-speaking Quebecer who lives in Montreal. I've been an avid reader since a very long time, and an e-reader since this summer, when the Kobo Touch was released. I bought it with some doubts though as I wasn't sure I would like e-reading (that notorious "need to touch the paper" feeling) but I can definitely say I'm hooked now.

I'm reading mostly non-fiction: I'm a World War II history buff and I can't stop reading about this era. So much drama, so many momentous events, so much evil, so much good, the human race at its best and its worst. WWII is an inexhaustible source of magnificent stories and I have a true fascination about this period of time.

I also have a large interest in biographies, especially of great political, social or business leaders.

As far as fiction goes, my tastes are somewhat varied: I like a good historical fiction, spy thrillers, space opera or space military SF, and I have a special interest towards alternative history novels.

I read around 35 to 45 books a year.

I found MobileRead while searching information about the new Kobo Vox, which I must say is very tempting...
Tzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:22 PM   #2
GA Russell
Riders win the Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook Lite, Kindle 4
Welcome Tzar!

I'm sure that you will enjoy the 2012 Challenge (which is sure to come) if you read 40 books a year.

Do you think the Als can three-peat without Kerry Watkins?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:55 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Tzar and welcome to MobileRead. If you like historical fiction, I highly recommend the Flashman series by George MacDonald Fraser. Highly accurate and very funny accounts of Victorian England around the world.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:37 AM   #4
silvan4now
Groupie
silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
hey there tzar and happy to have you along!
silvan4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:53 PM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:41 PM   #6
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome and hello, Tzar
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
Tzar
World War II buff
Tzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Welcome Tzar!

I'm sure that you will enjoy the 2012 Challenge (which is sure to come) if you read 40 books a year.

Do you think the Als can three-peat without Kerry Watkins?
It's funny you ask since I am a Als fan and season tickets holder

I'm not too worried about the loss of Watkins. He's good, but it would be much worse without Jamal or SJ Green. Nevertheless, the Als aren't as dominant as they used to be so getting a 3rd in a row will be tough. I'm concerned that offensively they lack the finishing touch. The defense should hold its own. We'll see !
Tzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:45 PM   #8
HomeInMyShoes
Ginormous Intergalactic
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
The East is going to get annihilated by the West in the Grey Cup.

Welcome to the forum Tzar.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote