Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-01-2011, 02:37 AM   #1
tracy2011
Connoisseur
tracy2011 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Post [DuoKan Lite]New monthly update is coming….

This new feature list will be updated by the end of this week.
Let’s wait and see the surprise from DuoKan team.
DuoKan Enlish site
tracy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #2
Snorkledorf
Blue. Not sad...just blue
Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ridibooks Paper Pro
I'm looking forward to trying the update process over Wifi! That's a very handy feature to have.
Snorkledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2011, 12:35 PM   #3
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Not usually one for updating over wireless and such, but last night I gave it a spin. It worked very well, super simple and exactly what you'd expect. Far better than the hit-and-miss amazon scheme
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've been working on a slightly better English translation - and I've spotted a whole lot of strings which seem to refer to an editing feature (or at least options to format rich text)!

Hope that's not some site specific use
Old 11-04-2011, 02:24 AM   #5
tracy2011
Connoisseur
tracy2011 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorkledorf View Post
I'm looking forward to trying the update process over Wifi! That's a very handy feature to have.
yeah,that's feature is very useful~
tracy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #6
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy2011 View Post
yeah,that's feature is very useful~
I've just switched on wifi to check for update - too early of course, & then I noticed the "wifi data transfer" option which strangely I didn't see previously, & that too is very useful & seems to work well, thanks.
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #7
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvjohn View Post
then I noticed the "wifi data transfer" option which strangely I didn't see previously, & that too is very useful & seems to work well, thanks.
thanks for pointing this.
indeed it is very useful
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:17 PM   #8
perry261
perry261 began at the beginning.

Device: infibeam pi
wifi transfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
thanks for pointing this.
indeed it is very useful
I tried this wifi transfer but it did not work for me. Can you please give a step by step guide .
perry261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:48 PM   #9
Serpentine
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry261 View Post
I tried this wifi transfer but it did not work for me. Can you please give a step by step guide .
  1. Connect to your wifi AP
  2. Go to the Wireless Data Transfer thingy
  3. In the message it will give you an IP address - remember that
  4. In windows, open a folder and in the address bar (you need to click in it, in Win 7 - you can them type in it) and type in ftp://<the IP from the previous step>
  5. You should now have access to the kindle, as you would via USB
If it complains about not allowing that user, you can either fight with windows about it, or use something like Filezilla which lets you 'connect as anonymous' - which is what it wants.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #10
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
If it complains about not allowing that user, you can either fight with windows about it, or use something like Filezilla which lets you 'connect as anonymous' - which is what it wants.
Almost any OS's ftp client should connect ok, so for example if you have (access to) an iPad, or a Linux pc, there are several ftp clients which will work from those.

I use DK L's ftp most of the time now, rather than K3's USB, as unfortunately DK L still sees my mac resource files (beginning ._ ) as books, whereas K3 copies them implicitly but "knows" about them & ignores them, & ftp transfers don't implicitly copy those across.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:46 PM   #11
Serpentine
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvjohn View Post
Almost any OS's ftp client should connect ok, so for example if you have (access to) an iPad, or a Linux pc, there are several ftp clients which will work from those.
Windows often gets some idea that it must disable connecting as Anon for ftp, I have no idea why it happens or what triggers it - but when I was doing student tech support it would crop up all the time. While there's an option in IE's settings, which you would expect to control it, it just doesn't seem to be able to 'fix' the problem when it happens.

It was just a heads-up
Old 11-16-2011, 01:51 PM   #12
tvjohn
Connoisseur

Quote:
.. but when I was doing student tech support it would crop up all the time. While there's an option in IE's settings, which you would expect to control it, it just doesn't seem to be able to 'fix' the problem when it happens.

It was just a heads-up
Well, always useful to be aware of these situations, thanks for the info'

I've had one or two cases where passive had to be disabled to actually connect.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:44 PM   #13
perry261
perry261 began at the beginning.

Device: infibeam pi
Wink wifi transfer

Quote:
  1. Connect to your wifi AP
  2. Go to the Wireless Data Transfer thingy
  3. In the message it will give you an IP address - remember that
  4. In windows, open a folder and in the address bar (you need to click in it, in Win 7 - you can them type in it) and type in ftp://<the IP from the previous step>
  5. You should now have access to the kindle, as you would via USB

Thank you, users Serpentine/TVJohn for clear how to /tips for wifi transfer.
I was able to connect using Filezilla/FTP explorer . My Windows XP complained about unauthorised user and did not connect.
It seems any good FTP client on Windows PC will do.

Wifi transfer is quite fast and convenient.
perry261 is offline   Reply With Quote