Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-29-2011, 12:18 AM   #1
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Humming Kobo

Just noticed that the KT actually makes noise

I noticed it last night while reading that if you listen very carefully and turn the page it makes a hiss/hum/buzz noise. You can hear it very clearly if you put your ear on the back. So it can actually speak without a speaker . It's the only Kobo out of three that I could hear anything.

Last edited by The Terminator; 10-30-2011 at 01:27 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:53 AM   #2
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
I never noticed! Now you mentioned it I put my ear next to the device and I hear it >.< I hope this doesn't annoy me lol
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 10-29-2011, 03:54 AM   #3
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hahaha.. Now it will bug you because you know it's there.. :P
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:37 AM   #4
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
Update: My sister's sony prs t1 does the same thing!
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:40 AM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Galaxy SIII; Xoom; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
Just noticed that the KT actually makes noise

I noticed it last night while reading that if you listen very carefully and turn the page it makes a hiss/hum/buzz noise. You can hear it very clearly if you put your ear on the back. So it can actually speak without a speaker. It's the only Kobo out of three that I could hear anything.
I think it's haunted!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:59 PM   #6
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Must not try it.

Must not try it.

I'm curious, but I must not try it!
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:53 PM   #7
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You'll eventually hear it when the room is quiet enough, it isn't really annoying because it's so quiet that you with any other noise around you can't hear it (Like; fridge, computer)

Last edited by The Terminator; 10-30-2011 at 01:27 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-30-2011, 01:51 AM   #8
SmokeAndMirrors
Addict
SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Pad Slider
Mine makes a sound on page turns. It sounds like the standard "electronic white noise" sound to me. Same thing I hear when a TV or a computer is on (although those are much louder than the KT, and in the case of computers, is sometimes drowned out by other electrical noises).

It's the processor doing something. I suspect it's audible because the KT (and the Sony) is so thin.

Although, you guys are describing a different sound than what I hear. I hear more of a high-pitched sound, like a really really quiet version of a hot mike.

I recall learning at some point that the very top of our hearing range fades around 30, and noises like the high-pitched sound I hear from a TV are no longer within hearing range. I'm well below 30. I wonder if perhaps we're hearing the same sound differently.
SmokeAndMirrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:25 PM   #9
The Terminator
Retired

To me it sounds like a quiet version of a computer turning on.

Last edited by The Terminator; 10-30-2011 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-30-2011, 04:10 PM   #10
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I can't hear anything, but then I have old ears (and old everything else).
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:41 PM   #11
Slartibartfaust
Enthusiast
Slartibartfaust began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Oh great
i'm OCD this will now drive me banana's like realizing i have a tongue

jk jk

Happy Halloween
Slartibartfaust is offline   Reply With Quote