Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-27-2015, 04:13 PM   #1
aust77
aust77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch Freezing While Reading

Hey all,

I have owned my Kobo Touch for ~3 years now (since around Christmas 2012) and for the first 2.5 it worked like a charm, allowing me to read hundreds of hours of KePubs and ePubs both. In the past 8 months due to school I had not had much time to put my Kobo to use but now that I have finished for the year I have been back to reading regularly.

Unfortunately, the Touch is freezing every ~10 pages (it is somewhat irregular, but if I were to take an average of the frequency it would be this). The touch screen (turn page forward/back, and pressing the center to open that menu interface), home button and power button are all completely unresponsive for 1-2 minutes, enough to be a major frustration and immensely disruptive to the quality of the read. This has occurred with two sideloaded ePubs now; one added through Calibre and a second through Digital Editions (I downloaded the ebook from my local library's website as a limited-time .acsm).

I did a factory reset yesterday and noticed the issue after the same length of time as usual. I have synced several times, have re-done the initial configuration through Kobo Desktop, and know that the reader is on 3.11. Any ideas?

Regards,

aust77
aust77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:02 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
aust77: There have been a few similar reports and discussion of this in the past. Some have been fixed successfully and some haven't. A search for "touch freeze" or "touch freezing" should find them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 11:26 PM   #3
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Check if correct date time is set.

Does it freeze when you're reading same book and maybe not when reading a different book? I've had poorly formatted book cause strange problems with my Kobo and this could be another variation.

Try charging it for long time with different charger and cable.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote