Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-25-2011, 01:10 AM   #1
stanmarsh
stanmarsh began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy tab
Unhappy Library gone CRC error

Hello everyone,

I like to ask for some advice on what to do next with my ordeal, i'm using windows xp and calibre portable version for library management.

my harddrive recently gave me some CRC errors, checkdisk it and it fix some error but not all of them, i decided then to transfer the "Calibre Library" and "Calibre Settings" on a new external harddrive. i used "unstoppable copier" to copy the folder because the regular copy is giving me the redundancy errors. so far i was able to copy several files but unstoppable copier skipped some files and also some .opf files.

the problem is i have
1.) folders that are completely empty - no pdf and .opf file
2.) folders that have only the pdf file - no .opf file
3.) folders that have .opf only - no pdf file

i can get some pdf back in my ebook reader but not all of them. i regret i havent done my backup. i dont want to lose all the metadata.

i havent started calibre portable yet because i dont know whats going to happen. i just finished copying the good files in my external harddrive, the folder structure inside have been copied. the bad files have been skipped by unstoppable copier but have the filename and the path. im not sure if all in the Calibre Settings have been copied though.

what should i do? please help,
stanmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote