Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
xKaira
xKaira began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Kindle Paperwhite 2 Problem with footnotes

Hi all.
I have big problem. I exchanged my PW1 to the new PW2 mostly thanks to new footnote feature. It works great in books i bought from store, but i don't know, how i must prepare .odt file in libreoffice from self created files to get properly converted in calibre. Inserting the footnotes works on the PW2 like it did on the older version - it moves to the last page, where all footnotes are store.
Did anyone manage to prepare text file in libreoffice or microsoft word which after conversion in calibre to .mobi or .azw display footnotes in PW2 in a new, magnificent way?
Any helpfull advice will be great.
xKaira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:15 AM   #2
dav
dav began at the beginning.

Amazon changed the footnote feature in the latest update.
Maybe this downgrade makes them better?

1) download file http://s3.amazonaws.com/G7G_Firmware...le_5.4.3.2.bin
2) disable wifi on your Paperwhite 2 (airplane mode)
3) connect your Kindle Paperwhite 2 to your computer (DO NOT DISCONNECT UNTIL LAST STEP!)
4) copy the bin file you downloaded in step 1 to root folder of PW2
5) wait at least 2 minutes after copy has completed
6) push and hold power button until your PW2 restarts (the led blinks orange and light turns on at the screen)
7) wait until the PW2 has installed the upgrade (really a downgrade
8) now you can DISCONNECT from your computer

If you need wifi you should not stay on long as the automatic update will install. Do not install until Amazon have a update with footnote support.
Enjoy
dav is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 09-20-2014, 08:36 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
Please pay attention to the warning that you're posting to an old thread. Your reply can have no conceivable relevance to a question posted almost a year ago, by a poster who you can see for yourself has not been back since.
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:37 AM   #4
dav
dav began at the beginning.

Oh I see - thank you Harry
I'm pretty new here - the footnote problem was the reason i joined - i figured out the solution with help from this forum and want to share with everyone who has the same problem
dav is offline   Reply With Quote