Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-06-2011, 04:23 AM   #76
user38
Enthusiast
user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nindustrial View Post
Does anyone know if this would fit the T1?

Sony eReader Cover Touch Edition (PRSASC65R) - Red
Yes and no. This cover looks like the cover for the Sony 650. I have this cover and also one of the standard Sony PRS T1 covers. The PRS T1 in the Sony cover will fit inside this cover (that is, the 650 cover is too big). Also, the cover would need to be altered as it will not otherwise secure the PRS T1. Honestly, if you were going to go to all that trouble you would be better off doing this.
user38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:30 AM   #77
lightforx
Enthusiast
lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
i've ordered the Tuff-Luv embrace case for my sister's kindle touch, but the case is made to fit both the T1 & KT. I'll borrow it for a picture with my T1 and post when it arrives.
lightforx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2011, 09:06 AM   #78
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightforx View Post
i've ordered the Tuff-Luv embrace case for my sister's kindle touch, but the case is made to fit both the T1 & KT. I'll borrow it for a picture with my T1 and post when it arrives.
I have to say, in the pictures, I really don't like the strap placement. It's just not nice at all. It's just a K4 case fitted to a t1 and not fitted well enough.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:15 AM   #79
nindustrial
Enthusiast
nindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: PRS-T1
Would be awesome if they made a custom one of these for the T1:
http://www.padandquill.com/cases-for...k-ereader.html
nindustrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #80
hfqdx
hfqdx began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Hi,I'm interested in your cover ,where did u buy that ?thx ~~
hfqdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 04:50 PM   #81
dr1ver
dr1ver began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by nindustrial View Post
Would be awesome if they made a custom one of these for the T1:
http://www.padandquill.com/cases-for...k-ereader.html
i like their cases also. they're pretty much clones of the DODO cases.

i emailed pad & quill and, unfortunately, they have no plans to release a case for the T1
dr1ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:41 PM   #82
capuchino71
Enthusiast
capuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony prs350 ,and awaiting PRS-t1
I bought this for my daughter : http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00661JRDI
What to say its not bad but nothing like in the picture.
Feels good and its sturdy, reader fits well inside but the workers when sewing it done little bit wrong , so the depth is not enough with 2-3 mm, which causes the frame around the reader not to stay like suposed to be. Still happy with it. see the attached pictures.

At the same time i bought this for my wife's prs 350 :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005J4B8NA
Again what i received was verry dark brown almost black cover not as in the link, but the quality is way better very sturdy and very well fit, very happy for it.
Can't say for both if they are real leather as advertised.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4198.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	80031   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4199.jpg
Views:	617
Size:	646.2 KB
ID:	80032   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4200.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	510.4 KB
ID:	80033   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4202.jpg
Views:	815
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	80034   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4204.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	793.8 KB
ID:	80035  
capuchino71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:33 PM   #83
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Another option for consideration

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Noreve-Pr...item35b7ce9f92
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:20 AM   #84
capuchino71
Enthusiast
capuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony prs350 ,and awaiting PRS-t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
They are nice, i seen them before but little bit expensive.
There is their own online shop with more choise .

http://www.noreve.com/langue/en/prod...ther_case.html
capuchino71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #85
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I tried the T1 in this case from Chapters, made for the Kobo Touch. It does fit, but it is tight and it takes work to get the zipper around the corner. I'm going to pass and stick with my Incipio Sport Zip case, which is a little big but allows me to carry the cord and my book light.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:09 PM   #86
jojoba
Addict
jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3gen, Cybook Odyssey FL HD
I got this case from http://mybetterbag.com/. I love it and it's designed to have space for both my T1 and my Kindle (the owner can customise your bags/covers).

Another nice thing about this site is that 20% of what you spend is donated to charities supporting women's/girls' education.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).JPG
Views:	315
Size:	428.8 KB
ID:	80218  
jojoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:29 PM   #87
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Does anyone know if the official Sony case (without the light) has a holder for the stylus?
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #88
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
A big chunk of it are the little things (semi-intangibles as I put it before). The edges of the T1 cover are left rough and sharp (at least mine was), which made it feel cheap. Without the need for magnets, they didn't have any sewing into the cover itself, which is a small but nice touch. The back of the cover has a nice grip, but the shape tends to remind you that you are using a device. The lip of the clasp presents another edge when reading one-handed that bugged me. The front actually had something to stay put on the 650, and the T1 has nothing so the cover tends to flop a bit.

I know the things that bug me are subjective, but I can't just ignore them. I only ever used the Nook STR without a cover (even though I tried) because of these harder to quantify issues with the covers.
I just got my Standard Sony T1 case, & I love it. It's perfect for my needs. It's like a nicely sized paperback, on the order of a Penguin Maigret novel.

Your observations about the edge of the front flap and the lip of the clasp are correct, but my subjective reactions are different than yours. The edge doesn't bother me at all. The lip seems to give me a more secure grasp on the device - although on the whole I do tend to agree with you about it.

I'm a big fan of the Tuff-Luv cases, particularly the ones that allow me to prop the EBR up on the table. But they are thicker than this Standard cover is. The thinness of the cover is a big attraction for me.

The Standard cover plastic holder strikes me as more secure than the previous clasp arrangement Sony used, and I find the four corner strap-in approach to an EBR cover to be distracting.

I can imagine someone might tweak the Standard cover by upgrading the materials. I can also imagine that the sides of the plastic holder might be adjusted with cutouts like the one at the bottom for the buttons & plugs, so that there is no ridge at all where the customer is likely to be placing his thumb.

But overall, I'm pleased as punch with both my T1, which has rapidly become my favorite EBR, and the Standard cover.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:46 PM   #89
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
Does anyone know if the official Sony case (without the light) has a holder for the stylus?
No, it has no holder for the stylus.
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:39 PM   #90
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
As vishcompany says, no it doesn't, but you can hook the stylus over the spine area. It's secure enough as long as the cover is either closed or open and folded back on itself.

This 'solution' may not suit a purist, though.

Edit: Another plus I liked about the official Sony case is that the 4 corners of the reader are fully & tightly enclosed in the 'plastic cradle'. I don't think the reader and case are likely to become accidentally detached.

I've always wondered how secure those '4 corner strap' cases are (although I've never owned one, so I could be quite wrong).

I've never bought an official Sony case before. I usually get a Tuff Luv, but because they were a bit slow off the mark I thought I'd try the Sony. I didn't like the price much but thought using the T1 uncased for months would be asking for trouble.

I have realised that I really like the slightly pearlised red bezel of my reader (surprisingly I haven't found the shininess to be a problem at all). The official Sony case does allow me to keep that.

Last edited by jackie_w; 12-21-2011 at 02:59 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote