Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-08-2011, 06:40 AM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1, T3T2 . Finally the Dark Side, aK-Paperwhite
Help buying a 350...

I've found a PRS350 SC which is claimed to be SIM free - what's all that about, anyone help me here ?

Ist it just gobbledy gook - sorry, embellishment by the seller which might be silly but not dodgy ! What's the "SC" for , let alone the SIM lark.

It's claimed to be brand new in box etc...etc...

Appreciate any comments..
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #2
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 300, 350 Pink & Silver, Black & Red T1, K4NT, KPW, Red T3
I believe the SC stands for Silver Colour. SIM - couldn't tell ya. I had a silver one and that's what it said on the back of the box.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 10-08-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350 (silver, blue); PRS-300 (†), Kindle Paperwhite
Sim-Free:
http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/blog/2009...t-is-sim-free/

Means what it says: no SIM-card included. But for the PRS350 it means nothing. Comparable to say water is 100% sun-free. Yes, there is no sun in the water...

Summing up: this PRS350 has no SIM-card. The PRS350 never have had a SIM-card.

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1, T3T2 . Finally the Dark Side, aK-Paperwhite
Just as I thought...

Well, yeah, so I was right - they're just trying to confuse me with semi-tech talk !

Thanks Analogous, and Shop.. [ lo-o-ve the dress..... ]

carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote