Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 10-08-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Question Forum vs Thread(s)

If I add a forum or sub-forum to my "exclude" list will I still be able to see updates on the thread(s) to which I've subscribed in my "New Subscribed Threads" section?
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hi Nyssa.

I don't exclude forums, so I have to play with this a bit to see what happens. It may end up different for me though.

I subscribed to this thread, then excluded this forum, then typed this post. Now, I'll check to see what changes.

Edit: trying something different.

Last edited by dreams; 10-08-2011 at 09:43 PM.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 10-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #3
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you Dreams.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I excluded the Sony forum after a new thread was started, then subscribed to to the new thread.

It is excluded from the list of All New Posts when you click on the drop down option of "All New Posts", but is still in the scrolling list for "Forum Spy".

There hasn't been a new post in the two places I've exclude yet, so I can't check if they still show in the Subscribed Threads section. I'll keep checking on this.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:57 PM   #5
Nyssa
Series Addict

What is Forum Spy?
Old 10-08-2011, 10:08 PM   #6
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
I have the lounge blocked but im subscribed to the movie dialogue game and i see it just fine.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Got it!

OK, I excluded a couple of forums, then I made sure I was subscribed to a couple of threads in those forums.

From the drop down menu (New Posts) on the upper blue bar, I clicked on "All New Posts".

The excluded forums do not show at all.

Using the "Forum Spy" the posts in those excluded forums still show.

My User CP section of "New Subscribed Threads" does have those excluded forum threads and will show new posts in those threads that I am subscribed to.

Forum Spy...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Forum Spy.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	77485Click to enlarge
Old 10-08-2011, 10:14 PM   #8
Nyssa
Series Addict

Thank you so much for researching this issue. I was trying to reduce some of the clutter when it comes to "New Threads" but there are things I rather not miss.

Thank you also for pointing out Forum Spy...I'll go see if I can figure out what it does.

I very much appreciate your help!

Edit:
Ooh...its a "live" feed. Very cool!!

Thanks again!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:29 PM   #9
dreams
It's about the umbrella

You are welcome. I am glad I was able to help (and with something new, too.)