Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #1
Woody_in_MN
Enthusiast
Woody_in_MN began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thumbs up Found a Good Modern Language Free Bible

Not trying to convert anyone one way or another - but a good alternative to NIV, which is not free is the Net Bible project.

Link => Net Bible

For eDGE I suggest the latest Non Noted version.

- w
Woody_in_MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:02 PM   #2
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Le Pan 10, Kindle Fire, and Samsung Galaxy SII
google mysword and you will find a nice android program then biblesupport.com for a ton of resources n their download section for mysword.

Olivetree.com also has a pretty good android program.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody_in_MN View Post
Not trying to convert anyone one way or another - but a good alternative to NIV, which is not free is the Net Bible project.

Link => Net Bible

For eDGE I suggest the latest Non Noted version.

- w

This isn't Edge Hackers forum. I hope I don't draw two anti-pirouttes for mentioning this.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=150517

BTW, have you checked out Bible.is from the Amazon App Store. Pretty good and free.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B16TDOQhfpA

http://www.amazon.com/Faith-Comes-By...7905391&sr=1-1

OK, now I am subject to four anti-pirouttes.

Last edited by obsessed2; 10-06-2011 at 01:24 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #4
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
I like the YouVersion bible (Android version). Lots of free offline bibles too. Also, got the offline NIV when they were giving it away (the 2010 edition!). The only thing I don't like about their bible software is that there is no "back" button, ie, their navigation needs some work.

Several of the versions have are audio-enabled too.

Last edited by tekknogenius; 10-06-2011 at 11:22 AM.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #5
johnseeking
keeper of the cheese
johnseeking began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet (mine), 2nd Gen Kindle 3G (wife's), Literati (kids')
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekknogenius View Post
got the offline NIV when they were giving it away (the 2010 edition!)
Argh! How did I miss this?!?

Ditto on the YouVersion. I actually liked the notes features of Bible.Is a lot better, but one day my PE hiccupped, and I lost EVERYTHING I had written from a 2-3 month period.

YouVersion may not be as offline-friendly, but it hasn't lost my stuff (since it's all backed up in a cloud somewhere.)

LOL at the Edge Hackers mention.
johnseeking is offline   Reply With Quote