Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-26-2015, 07:58 PM   #1
ciarpame
ciarpame began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Kindle Touch: font size issue

I waited months before posting about this issue because it seems weird to me and I thought it was just my fantasy... anyway, it seems that my Kindle Touch default 4th font size has changed.
At beginning (v4 firmware) it was my font size of choice, than during the years something happened. It's because some firmware upgrade it'sor because jailbreaking or patching?
I'm on 5.3.2.1 now, with jbpatch installed and it doesn't make difference if I enable or disable the font size patch.

This bug seems like this one (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1046) and it seems like I'm looking for size 10. But it's not just like I want an uncommon size and I cannot get it: I'm pretty sure I was able to use it in the past.

I had some confirmation some days ago when I had the chance to take some pictures to the new Kindle 7 gen touch. In the attached picture you can see the font size difference. On both reader I selected the 4th font size. Please look just at the font size and don't use this picture to compare other details since the Kindle 7 gen touch picture it's out of focus, I used a phone camera in uneven light conditions (my Kindle touch looked great side by side to the new basic Kindle, with a better contrast but not so much as it seems in the picture).

I would like to know I there is some way to get my font size of choice back. Maybe it's a font size issue related to 5.3.2.1 version and in newer firmware versions this issue is solved? Upgrading would be an hard choice since jbpatch hypenation and margins hack are too useful to me and jbpatch is not supported on newer firmware version.

Thanks for your help.

UPDATE: sorry, it wanted to post this message in the "Kindle Developer's Corner" subforum since it seems more appropriate to me but it made a mistake and now it seems I cannot delete this message after posting it. Any moderator can help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fontsize.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	134233  

Last edited by ciarpame; 01-27-2015 at 04:12 AM.
ciarpame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:24 PM   #2
badgoodDeb
Wizard
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1, K3, K4s, iPad, iPhones, KV
I can't speak to your specific issue, but I've always found that some books have different base fonts, and thus read the font choices differently. On some books, I have to bump my choice up by one or two. Then, the next book will have a different "base" and I'll have to bump my preferred choice back down again.

I just assumed that was normal. (So, maybe but not necessarily answering your question, but also providing a BUMP to the topic.)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:59 PM   #3
ciarpame
ciarpame began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I understand and sometimes it happens to me too but it's a different issue.
I was writing about the same books having different font sizes on the same device after some update or event that I'm unable to identify. I forgot to mention that the book in the screenshot is always the Kindle user guide (even if in two different languages).
ciarpame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:15 PM   #4
badgoodDeb
Wizard
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1, K3, K4s, iPad, iPhones, KV
Ahh. Okay then. In that case, just "BUMP".
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote