Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-06-2015, 06:42 AM   #1
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
2 new Paperwhites - one won't index books

I bought 2 brand new 2015 Paperwhites, one for my mum's Xmas, one for my dad's.

I put 185 books onto my dad's, using Calibre, all books converted to "new" mobi format. They went on perfectly, covers, etc, all showing properly, and when I searched for a nonsense string like "hgogdjhg" I got the usual message saying "185 books not yet indexed", then after a while "180 not indexed" and so on until they were done.

I did the exact same thing on my mum's, 134 books, but this time when I do the "nonsense" search, it says "134 books not yet indexed" and never changed, I checked 4 or 5 times over a fairly long period, the 134 never reduced. Then, suddenly, it said 0. However I know they are not indexed, because when I search for a term that I know for a fact is in some of the books, it still says 0 found.

On my dad's, when I search for a term I know for a fact is in some of the books, it find them just fine.

Both on firmware 5.6.5.

Any ideas?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 07:03 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6, MS Surface Pro, N7
Delete the books from the problematic Kindle and reload them again in small batches of no more than about 20 books. The indexing process can occasionally get stuck and abort, which is what seems to have happened here. Keep the Kindle connected to a wall charger, and wait for each batch of books to finish indexing before loading the next.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement