Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 08:57 PM   #31
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I'm betting that Sameer, George and the gang at Kobo are laughing as we speculate about all of this. If it goes on sale the 17th (and who knows how true that is) I wonder when it will be officially announced?
I'm just happy there will be more options, and a little impressed that Kobo have something ready to go. Competition keeps things interesting. The next Nook Color will be better for it. Us as consumers with downward pressure on pricing will be better for it.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:14 AM   #32
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
They have apparently been working on the tablet for about a year. The thing that really strikes me is how little we know about the long term-midterm planning of companies. Clearly, the F8 Facebook announcement, Kobo's development of Pulse, and the release of the Vox are related. On the eInk side, we are seeing the roll out of incremental updates now, but they seem to be also working in parallel on some (unnamed) bigger features.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 10-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #33
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
They have apparently been working on the tablet for about a year. The thing that really strikes me is how little we know about the long term-midterm planning of companies. Clearly, the F8 Facebook announcement, Kobo's development of Pulse, and the release of the Vox are related. On the eInk side, we are seeing the roll out of incremental updates now, but they seem to be also working in parallel on some (unnamed) bigger features.
I'd also picked up on the alluding towards some bigger features for their eInk readers.

Personally I'd really love to see another decent player in the Audiobook space. Audible is great and all but they really own that vertical. All these eBook stores seem like a natural place for some competition in this space.

Be also interesting to see how Pulse goes, and their metric for success.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:05 PM   #34
sunami88
Enthusiast
sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo
An Android e-reader tablet for $249? Lame.

Where the heck are our colour e-reader's? I don't have any interest in reading books on a tablet with an LCD screen, but I would love to hear something about a colour e-reader!!
sunami88 is offline   Reply With Quote