Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
nicosomething
nicosomething began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
PDF reader recommendations?

Morning,

A number of the .pdf files I like to read are in two column format. Docs to Go does well enough once I zoom in a bit, but it has a bad habit of resizing as I sweep the page to move around.

Is there a pdf reader where I can lock in the zoom setting? Or any other good recommendations for viewers that are good for multi-column formats?

Thank you!
nicosomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosomething View Post
Morning,

A number of the .pdf files I like to read are in two column format. Docs to Go does well enough once I zoom in a bit, but it has a bad habit of resizing as I sweep the page to move around.

Is there a pdf reader where I can lock in the zoom setting? Or any other good recommendations for viewers that are good for multi-column formats?

Thank you!
ezPDF reader will lock horizontal scroll. It is my preferred reader on the eDGE. Check out the Apps section of my Resource Sticky for download details.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132878

The problem you describe is inherent to Android and will happen on a lot of Apps. It takes a little practice to navigate a webpage or even Docs to Go without zooming. The key is to hold your finger in place while sweeping and try not to tap when touching the screen which brings up zoom.

Last edited by obsessed2; 09-24-2011 at 01:39 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 09-25-2011, 11:54 PM   #3
stevesr0
Connoisseur
stevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
I checked Reflow the PDF and the eInk screen displayed my two column book as one column quite nicely.

Steve
stevesr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #4
nicosomething
nicosomething began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Thank you both, all your suggestions were helpful!
nicosomething is offline   Reply With Quote