Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-21-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
graycross
graycross began at the beginning.

Device: asus eee pad transformer
Android app for tablets

I understand that calibre has no desire/plans to do an android app for tablets. is there an app already running that calibre converts well into or across? for instance, if i was to drop my calibre library into said app, with the current folder/metadata formats, that app would understand the programming and display titles and covers they way they should be. any help here would prolly go along way. and prolly condense a few threads, if not make them irrelevant. i personally have an asus eee pad, but i'm seeing probs/questions from multiple android tab users. HELP US PLEASE!!!!
graycross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
No.

The closest you are likely to get is to enable the Calibre Content server on the PC, and then connect to it wirelesly from the tablet.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 09-21-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Nexus S, Galaxy S, Nook Color, iPhone4, iPT4, iPad 2012
This is actually on the features request for Mantano Reader. Not sure if they'll implement it or not but I believe it's under consideration.

That said, I think there are two options you can already accomplish this using Calibre:
  1. Use the Save to disk option. In Preferences, under Import/Export » Saving books to disk just make sure the Update metadata in saved copies option is enabled.
  2. Use the Sent to device option. In Preferences, under Import/Export » Sending books to devices select the Automatic management option in Metadata management.

Aldiko, Moon Reader, Cool Reader, FB Reader and Mantano Reader all seem to support reading metadata in epub files so either of the above should do the trick. Just remember to use the epub format when saving/converting your ebooks.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 09-21-2011 at 03:16 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #4
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
I have a Transformer also, and the default reader, MyLibrary, seems to do pretty well most of the time. If you get a dropbox account (2G for free) and have it "track" your calibre library, you can then open anything in your calibre library with MyLibrary. You would need Dropbox on both your PC and your tranny, of course. The benefits to this are that it's easy--once you get it set up (if I can do it anyone can) you don't have to worry about it ever again; and you can access your calibre library anywhere you have internet connectivity. See my signature for the link--we'll both get some extra storage space!
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote