Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #16
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
looks like Sony isn't showing the pottermore edition now either. i guess the only difference between the pottermore and the regular black version is the voucher for the potter book. Would have been nice to have a harry potter case or stencil on the device.

Last edited by krighton; 09-20-2011 at 02:23 PM.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:55 PM   #17
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2, Kindle Paperwhite
Sony hasn't taken any pre-orders on the Pottermore edition yet. I dunno if/when that will be available.

However, I have noticed that Sony will usually fill pre-orders taken through themselves before retailers get much stock. I wouldn't be surprised if ABT is telling the truth, that they won't get it before Jan 2012... while Sony and other retailers will have stock in October. At least enough to fulfill pre-orders.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 09-20-2011, 05:42 PM   #18
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Sony PRS-T1 Red
I pre-ordered through the Sony Store and I got no such email.

The Sony site is now listing 10/16 for the release date.

I REALLY don't believe it's been pushed back to January. Perhaps some retailers didn't get their order in soon enough, and THEY won't be getting it until January.

EDIT: Looks like the black one is available 10/2, the red and white ones not until 10/16.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:36 PM   #19
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

went ahead and preordered the black with case/light from sonystyle....no way am i waiting until 2012 for them to restock once these sell out. Says its on backorder via the receipt, i guess that's sony's way of saying preorder which probably allows it to go through the paypal system without puking.

Last edited by krighton; 09-20-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:38 PM   #20
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf can program the VCR without an owner's manual.solitarywolf can program the VCR without an owner's manual.solitarywolf can program the VCR without an owner's manual.solitarywolf can program the VCR without an owner's manual.solitarywolf can program the VCR without an owner's manual.solitarywolf can program the VCR without an owner's manual.solitarywolf can program the VCR without an owner's manual.solitarywolf can program the VCR without an owner's manual.solitarywolf can program the VCR without an owner's manual.solitarywolf can program the VCR without an owner's manual.solitarywolf can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony Readers 500 - T-1, Kindle Paperwhite & Fire, iPad
Perhaps Sony is likened to the Wonka Factory in the beforetime.

"Up the airy mountain, down the rushy glen, we daren't go a hunting, for fear of little men. You see, nobody ever goes in... and nobody ever comes out."

I wonder if the Oompa Loompa's are getting slower in making the new PRS-T1? Or is it lower wages?
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:08 AM   #21
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Iphone 4, ipad 3, Sony PRS-T1
Sonystyle Canada changed from T1 pre-order (with delivery some time in November) to "notify me".
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:44 AM   #22
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura; Galaxy S4; Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8
I can't imagine Sony missing the extra december sales.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:47 AM   #23
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight
Yeah, that would be a colossal problem, since it is the biggest selling time for eReaders.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:24 AM   #24
Ashjuk
Addict
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 600/650
I know the thread says US but I thought you might be interested in the UK position.

Currently there is no release date. Sony Stores are taking pre-orders saying:
'delivery will be within five days of release'

Waterstones, formerly a retailer of Sony readers, only has a discounted silver 650 for sale and no mention of the T1. They now appear to be concentrating on Elonex and Bookeen Cybook readers.

From that it's anyone's guess when they will be available here.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:53 AM   #25
krighton
Addict

well i guess we'll know something conclusive in 11 days.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #26
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 300, 350 Pink & Silver, Black & Red T1, K4NT, KPW, Red T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by krighton View Post
well all versions still seem available at Sonystyle....i thought all the black versions would be the pottermore editions.

No, only a limited number of the black ones will come with the coupon for the free Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone book. You can buy the black one with or without the first HP book.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:09 PM   #27
krighton
Addict

odd Sonystyle isn't offering the pottermore then...maybe all the vouchers dried up. I've read all the books so no biggie i guess.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #28
Josieb1
Wizard
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW2, KPW1, Kobo Aura, Nook Glow, Ipad Air, Ipad Mini 2, IPhone 5
Quote:
I know the thread says US but I thought you might be interested in the UK position.

Currently there is no release date. Sony Stores are taking pre-orders saying:
'delivery will be within five days of release'

Waterstones, formerly a retailer of Sony readers, only has a discounted silver 650 for sale and no mention of the T1. They now appear to be concentrating on Elonex and Bookeen Cybook readers.

From that it's anyone's guess when they will be available here.

I have pre ordered mine from the UK store, I just want it for Christmas.

Actually I just cancelled as they told me over the phone I was being debited today and with no confirmed release or shipping date I am not prepeared to have that. Will just wait, i'm not in any hurry as I have a Kindle

Last edited by Josieb1; 09-22-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:59 PM   #29
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by krighton View Post
odd Sonystyle isn't offering the pottermore then...maybe all the vouchers dried up. I've read all the books so no biggie i guess.
If they did, they lasted for literally a couple hours. My own bet is that they haven't made them available yet.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:25 PM   #30
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
UPDATE - got the telephone call yesterday from my supplier - they said they were sorry to send me that letter and that everything stays as it was - first week of October, mid-October at most.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sony new model, sony t-1