Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-02-2016, 02:31 PM   #1
norweger
norweger can differentiate black from dark navy bluenorweger can differentiate black from dark navy bluenorweger can differentiate black from dark navy bluenorweger can differentiate black from dark navy bluenorweger can differentiate black from dark navy bluenorweger can differentiate black from dark navy bluenorweger can differentiate black from dark navy bluenorweger can differentiate black from dark navy bluenorweger can differentiate black from dark navy bluenorweger can differentiate black from dark navy bluenorweger can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Android-phone, HTC Desire Z
Which is best, FBKindle or FBreader by Dzha?

My Kindle Paperwhite 2 has been jailbroken using this guide, and two options stands out with regards to ebook software.

FBreader (by Dzha)
fbKindle (by andy wooden)

That's according to this thread.

But I wonder, which is best? I would like to be able to sync my reading status on FBreader across all platforms (I have FBreader on my cell and tablet as well).
norweger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 06:13 AM   #2
Doitsu
Wizard
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by norweger View Post
FBreader (by Dzha)
fbKindle (by andy wooden)

But I wonder, which is best?
The thread that you've found is hopelessly outdated and neither app will run on your PW2.
The de-facto epub app for jail-broken Kindles is KOReader.
KOReader is based on CoolReader, though and, AFAIK, nobody has compiled FBReader for Paperwhite (and better) Kindles.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 06:48 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6
Please use the forums correctly. Questions about non-standard Kindle firmware belong in the dev forum, to where I'm now moving this.

Thank you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote