Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #3556
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Skin Game Release...

56 DAYS LEFT!!!
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:26 AM   #3557
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Skin Game Release...

Me again...

55 DAYS LEFT!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 07:30 PM   #3558
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle KB, Kindle PW 1 & 2, Kindle Fire 2nd Gen
Cool DRESDEN FILES coming to BROADWAY!

Quoted from jim-butcher.com
Quote:
Apr 01, 2014 - DRESDEN FILES coming to BROADWAY!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 31, 2014
New York, NY

First, there were novels. Then it became a TV show. Then a comic book. Now, Harry Dresden is going where no urban fantasy book series has gone before. In Spring 2015, THE DRESDEN FILES conquers Broadway.

This new musical takes inspiration from the events of “Dead Beat,” the seventh book in the multiple #1 New York Times bestselling series. Multiple-Tony Award Winning director and costume/puppet designer Julie Taymor (The Lion King, Titus, Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark) was hand-picked for her experience bringing fantastical creatures to the Broadway stage. Ms. Taymor mused, “I’m so grateful for this opportunity to realize a childhood dream of mine. I pushed Disney to include a zombie T-Rex battle in The Lion King, but they preferred I remain more faithful to the film.”

Author Jim Butcher expressed great enthusiasm for the selection. He remarked, “She made a musical about Spider-Man. That’s awesome. Hey, can this musical be a Spidey crossover? How much dueling snark can you put in a song?” Butcher then proceeded to sing the original 1967 cartoon theme song and “web” the interviewer with Silly String.

Frequent collaborators Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman (Hairspray, Catch Me If You Can) were tapped to create the music and lyrics, due to an industry reputation for writing “the sassiest lyrics ever.”

The workshop begins April 14th starring Hugh Jackman (Oklahoma, The Boy From Oz) as Harry, Matt Bomer (8, Magic Mike) as Thomas, Christopher Fitzgerald (Young Frankenstein) as Butters, and Scarlett Johansson (Cat on a Hot Tin Roof) as romantic interest Shiela/Lasciel, with Broadway great Terrence Mann (Cats) reprising his role as the voice of Bob.

“Dead Beat” is slated to open at the Nerderlander Theatre on April 1st, 2015.

Discuss this news on the forum!

Last edited by alansplace; 04-02-2014 at 07:33 PM.
alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:33 AM   #3559
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Oh my god, I almost spit out my coffee! It took me a second to figure out it was a joke...good one!

I still have my fingers crossed for an HBO show. It would be amazing.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #3560
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Skin Game Release...

54 DAYS LEFT!!!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:15 AM   #3561
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Skin Game Release...

53 DAYS LEFT!!!

So what's everybody been reading lately? I'm reading Death Masks still, I hope to be done later today or tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:54 AM   #3562
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch (Wifi only)
Well, I'd been reading Raising Steam, by Terry Pratchett, until someone stole my library copy. No idea who, of course. (It was a pbook. )

My Dresden reread will start at day 30 of the countdown.
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #3563
AlbertaCowboy
Proud Daddy!
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300, PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
53 DAYS LEFT!!!

So what's everybody been reading lately? I'm reading Death Masks still, I hope to be done later today or tomorrow.
I powered through Andy Weir's "The Martian" in one sitting. The best new read I've had in a long time.

I gave up on "The Iron Druid Chronicles". I just couldn't get into it, and didn't like any of the characters right off the bat.

I think I'm gonna switch gears and do some non fiction now. My next one is "Ethical Oil: The Case For Canada's Oilsands" by Ezra Levant.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:26 PM   #3564
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool been reading lately

Quote:
53 DAYS LEFT!!!

Well I just finished Harry Potter and the Sun Source (fanfic) and also The Martian. I very much enjoyed both. Now I'm halfway through reading the first Amelia Peabody novel, Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters. Thus far it's been quite an interesting and entertaining read and I believe that I'll most likely be reading more of these.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:58 PM   #3565
Tarana
Fanatic
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, Kindle HDX, Nook HD+
I started White Night yesterday. I'm about 4 hours in now.

I had similar issues with the Iron Druid Chronicles, but as I own the first 3 audiobooks, I'll just wait until I'm 'ready'. Some books just don't start well. Give 'em a rest and try again later.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #3566
alansplace
Wizard

Cool Epic News Post, Part 1!

Last edited by alansplace; 04-04-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:08 PM   #3567
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

I keep seeing The Martian being mentioned all over here lately...I guess I better pick that one up soon. It sounds really interesting.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:15 PM   #3568
AlbertaCowboy
Proud Daddy!
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300, PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7"
Quote:
I keep seeing The Martian being mentioned all over here lately...I guess I better pick that one up soon. It sounds really interesting.
I think you'll love it.
I thought it was some of the most believable SF that I've ever read.
Plus the dialogue had me actually laughing out loud to myself. I can't remember the last time that happened. (Yeah yeah, the last time it happened was "Cold Days" but you know what I mean)
Definitely a five star read for me.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:17 PM   #3569
treadlightly
Guru
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post

I had similar issues with the Iron Druid Chronicles, but as I own the first 3 audiobooks, I'll just wait until I'm 'ready'. Some books just don't start well. Give 'em a rest and try again later.
I find that many series, especially when it's the author's first series, take a couple of books to get started. I felt that way with both Dresden and IDC.

I've been reading the latest releases of Seanan McGuire's Incryptid series, Patricia Brigg's Mercy Thompson series, Karen Chance's "Masks" and J.R. Ward's BDB series. Up next is Devon Monk's Stone Cold. It's been a good few weeks for new Urban Fantasy books!
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:19 AM   #3570
alansplace
Wizard

Cool What to read while waiting for Skin Game's release!

A Sandy Daily Deal! - from Hugh Howey's Goodreads Blog

Sunday is Sanday, it seems. SAND is Amazon’s Daily Deal today, which means they’re practically giving away my latest novel for $1.99. Two bucks! Cheaper than a bag of actual sand at Home Depot! (Or a cup of coffee.)

Last edited by alansplace; 04-06-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy