Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-26-2014, 01:20 PM   #3541
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle KB, Kindle PW 1 & 2, Kindle Fire 2nd Gen
Cool Skin Game info...

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:59 PM   #3542
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Woohoo!!!
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:04 PM   #3543
AlbertaCowboy
Proud Daddy!
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300, PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
Shoot, it's still $8.99 in Canada . I'll keep checking, maybe a miracle will happen. Thanks for posting this, it's now on my wishlist, $8.99 is a really good price IMO.
Figured I'd try these now after a few recommendations. Got a 65% code, so I got the first three in a bundle at Kobo for just over five bucks. Guess we'll see if I like 'em.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:52 AM   #3544
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Skin Game Release...

61 DAYS LEFT!!!
Old 03-27-2014, 08:54 AM   #3545
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Figured I'd try these now after a few recommendations. Got a 65% code, so I got the first three in a bundle at Kobo for just over five bucks. Guess we'll see if I like 'em.
I'm such an idiot, I didn't even think to check Kobo

ETA: I can't use a coupon code at Kobo, the publisher is Random House

Last edited by leanansidhe; 03-27-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:14 AM   #3546
AlbertaCowboy
Proud Daddy!
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm such an idiot, I didn't even think to check Kobo

ETA: I can't use a coupon code at Kobo, the publisher is Random House
Ah, but if you take a trip to Mexico, you can discount.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:18 AM   #3547
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Nook HD+, Xperia Ion
I may just be ready for Skin Game by the time it releases. Right now I have a surfeit of riches with other series, and a couple series and several standalone novels on my TBR. I just finished up Codex Alera, which was great fun. In a lot of ways it was by-the-numbers sword-and-sorcery, but Butcher really brought the characters and the world to life.

Right now I'm re-reading book one of Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive, in preparation for book two, and there's a new Foreigner book coming from C.J. Cheryhh soon. The Malazan books are on my radar, too, but I'll probably put Harry ahead of them.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:27 AM   #3548
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch (Wifi only)
In about a month I guess I will start my own reread. Gives me ~2 days per book, but I have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
Right now I'm re-reading book one of Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive, in preparation for book two, and there's a new Foreigner book coming from C.J. Cheryhh soon. The Malazan books are on my radar, too, but I'll probably put Harry ahead of them.
I won't be reading The Stormlight Archive until at least book 4. I have plenty to read in the meantime and refuse to taunt myself with a storyline that won't be finished for at least a decade. Thank G-d I only started A Song of Ice and Fire when book 5 had come out; even so, it will be years.

No more epic worldbuilding fantasy for me, until the home stretch!

I may even keep to that commitment.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:23 AM   #3549
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Nook HD+, Xperia Ion
The Dresden Files I don't need to reread, but The Way of Kings was so intricate I don't mind going back, and I don't know if I could follow the sequel without a refresher.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:47 AM   #3550
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Skin Game Release...

60 DAYS LEFT!!!

Time is flying, 2 more months, yaaayyy!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 07:59 AM   #3551
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Ah, but if you take a trip to Mexico, you can discount.
Aaahhh I see now
Old 03-29-2014, 07:59 PM   #3552
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle KB, Kindle PW 1 & 2, Kindle Fire 2nd Gen
Cool Skin Game release is...

[posted by me because Lea hasn't yet done it today]

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:41 AM   #3553
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch (Wifi only)
Skin Game release date countdown:
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:12 AM   #3554
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Skin Game Release...

57 DAYS LEFT!!!

So I started Death Masks on Friday...I decided not to start right from the beginning this time. I want to read Side Jobs in between. I haven't finished Fated yet, I might pick it back up in between my Dresden re-read. It didn't really grab me as I thought it would, but that's probably because of my mood and not that the book was bad or anything.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:10 PM   #3555
AlbertaCowboy
Proud Daddy!

Quote:
57 DAYS LEFT!!!

So I started Death Masks on Friday...I decided not to start right from the beginning this time. I want to read Side Jobs in between. I haven't finished Fated yet, I might pick it back up in between my Dresden re-read. It didn't really grab me as I thought it would, but that's probably because of my mood and not that the book was bad or anything.
I think I'm going to start my reread with "Dead Beat" soon here.
It's funny you say that about "Fated", because I'm in a similar situation. I tried the first book of the Iron Druid Chronicles, and I just can't seem to get into it. I think my main issue is a combination of lack of familiarity with Celtic mythology, and a dislike for Atticus right off the bat.
I don't think I'll bother finishing it to be honest.
I think it might be time to start doing some serious gaming again.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy