Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-21-2014, 02:36 AM   #3511
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch (Wifi only)
Skin Game release date countdown:
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:44 AM   #3512
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Wow this countdown seems to be going faster than the last one. I think I'm going to read the first Alex Verus novel and then start my Dresden re-read with Side Jobs. I'm afraid I might read them either too fast or too slow. If I go too fast I'll try and stick a couple more Alex Verus books in there if I really like the first one.

Poor Frost. I'm glad he came out of it pretty much ok. I live out in the middle of nowhere and have seen a few coyotes around. I would freak if one grabbed my dog. Although my dog runs really damn fast and she's a big chicken so could most likely outrun the coyote. She's a pitbull mix...big cowardly pitbull mix. No Mouse in her at all.
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 03-21-2014, 08:04 AM   #3513
red_phoenix
Constantly Changing
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
Wow this countdown seems to be going faster than the last one. I think I'm going to read the first Alex Verus novel and then start my Dresden re-read with Side Jobs. I'm afraid I might read them either too fast or too slow. If I go too fast I'll try and stick a couple more Alex Verus books in there if I really like the first one.

Poor Frost. I'm glad he came out of it pretty much ok. I live out in the middle of nowhere and have seen a few coyotes around. I would freak if one grabbed my dog. Although my dog runs really damn fast and she's a big chicken so could most likely outrun the coyote. She's a pitbull mix...big cowardly pitbull mix. No Mouse in her at all.
She has a strong sense of self-preservation and is smart enough to run from a fight she knows she cannot win.

Unlike our favourite wizard.
red_phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:29 PM   #3514
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
She has a strong sense of self-preservation and is smart enough to run from a fight she knows she cannot win.

Unlike our favourite wizard.
In the Yukon the coyotes tag team the dog. One lets the dog chase it and the other lurks around until the first gets tired or the dog actually gets close to the first. I always root for the dog even if it is bigger than both coyotes combined, but coyotes don't have an easy life either. I doubt the world has much room for coyotes/bobcats/wolves/lynx etc. , and I don't like that either.

But definitely glad the wee doggie lived to be a hero.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:48 AM   #3515
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle KB, Kindle PW 1 & 2, Kindle Fire 2nd Gen
Cool the Yukon

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
In the Yukon the coyotes tag team the dog. One lets the dog chase it and the other lurks around until the first gets tired or the dog actually gets close to the first. I always root for the dog even if it is bigger than both coyotes combined, but coyotes don't have an easy life either. I doubt the world has much room for coyotes/bobcats/wolves/lynx etc. , and I don't like that either.

But definitely glad the wee doggie lived to be a hero.

Helen
Do you live in the Yukon? I've driven through part of it several times on the way to or from Alaska.

Thanks again, for the tip on Harry Potter and the Sun Source.

By the way, if you're not familiar with the other characters that are blended into this story, take a peek at this (it's a Kindle freebie), Created, The Destroyer (The Destroyer #1) by Richard Ben Sapir, Warren Murphy.

Last edited by alansplace; 03-22-2014 at 12:01 PM.
alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:38 AM   #3516
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Last-minute daily update

Old 03-23-2014, 01:22 AM   #3517
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Skin Game info...

Old 03-23-2014, 01:38 AM   #3518
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist

Old 03-23-2014, 06:11 AM   #3519
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Do you live in the Yukon? I've driven through part of it several times on the way to or from Alaska.

Thanks again, for the tip on Harry Potter and the Sun Source.

By the way, if you're not familiar with the other characters that are blended into this story, take a peek at this (it's a Kindle freebie), Created, The Destroyer (The Destroyer #1) by Richard Ben Sapir, Warren Murphy.

Right now I live 5 months a year in the Yukon.

I read the Sun Source book because of the Destroyer thing. Not sure why I like them but I do. Some of them can be very funny.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:15 PM   #3520
IcecreamLtDan
Groupie
IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, Kobo wireless, Kobo Glo
Awesome news!! Also, for those who may not know, "Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins" is a movie loosely based on "The Destroyer" series if you've never seen it.

Quote:

IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:22 PM   #3521
alansplace
Wizard

Cool Kevin Hearne deal...

Since in the past here on The Dresden Files thread there have been recommendations for and discussions about this series I thought that reporting this deal at Amazon here on this thread would be appropriate.

Last edited by alansplace; 03-23-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:32 PM   #3522
alansplace
Wizard

Cool Remo Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcecreamLtDan View Post
Awesome news!! Also, for those who may not know, "Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins" is a movie loosely based on "The Destroyer" series if you've never seen it.
Yeah, I saw it it back when it was released and subsequently bombed at the box office. Loved the cool scenes on the outside of the Statue of Liberty.

Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins (1985)

Last edited by alansplace; 03-23-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #3523
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (first gen), Kobo Aura HD
The Dresden Files

I'm guessing the majority here (other than The Dresden Files of course) read The Iron Druid Chronicles and the Alex Verus series? Which of the two urban fantasy series do you guys recommend?

alansplace: I remember you tried the first book in the IDC but didn't like it, right?
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:22 PM   #3524
alansplace
Wizard

Cool recommend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
I'm guessing the majority here (other than The Dresden Files of course) read The Iron Druid Chronicles and the Alex Verus series? Which of the two urban fantasy series do you guys recommend?

alansplace: I remember you tried the first book in the IDC but didn't like it, right?
That's correct, I really disliked Atticus. Anyway, so i obviously wouldn't personally recommend it, though I would tell someone that it's liked by a lot of other folks who read in the Urban Fantasy genre. I do however like the Alex Verus series a lot.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:56 PM   #3525
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (first gen), Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
That's correct, I really disliked Atticus. Anyway, so i obviously wouldn't personally recommend it, though I would tell someone that it's liked by a lot of other folks who read in the Urban Fantasy genre. I do however like the Alex Verus series a lot.

Good to know. Thank you for your opinion
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy