Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #2806
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
Lea does love her "dogs" What she does not have she will simply "create".
Oh I do enjoy creating them. I just don't like having to turn them back . You all would make lovely hounds for my collection . Just lovely.
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #2807
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR Glowlight, Sony T1, Acer Iconia A200
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
Oh I do enjoy creating them. I just don't like having to turn them back . You all would make lovely hounds for my collection . Just lovely.
Uh oh.

I'm keeping my eye on you.

CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #2808
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle KB, Kindle PW 1 & 2, Kindle Fire 2nd Gen
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Oh damn! I forgot to walk the hellhounds!

Come Fluffy, Sprinkles, Marmalade and Fred!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Quote:
If you are ever in need of more hounds, I have a few you can have...for a price
Quote:
Lea does love her "dogs" What she does not have she will simply "create".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Thank you for your offer. I will keep it in mind.

True...True.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Uh oh.

I'm keeping my eye on you.

Librarian of Trivia, Emeritus

Last edited by alansplace; 11-11-2013 at 11:26 AM. Reason: oops!
alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #2809
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Aahh there's my number one target, ummm Godson! How good to see you!
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #2810
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Help...

Quote:
Aahh there's my number one target, ummm Godson! How good to see you!
I'm sorry that I can't say the same to you Lea.

Last edited by alansplace; 11-11-2013 at 11:54 AM. Reason: oops!
Old 11-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #2811
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch (Wifi only)
Quote:
A supply of torches and pitch forks on a dark, cold night? Or should that be a Cold Day?
Dark and STORMY cold night.

You cannot simply ignore the magnitude of such events -- what would Pratchett say?
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #2812
alansplace
Wizard

Cool Jim Butcher quotes...

“When I was putting Dresden
together I didn’t want him to
be this kind of mystic, shaman
-type character, I wanted him
to be more like a plumber or
an engineer. He knows how to
work with these forces and
because he knows he can do
these things, but he still has
limits he has to face and deal
with.”
– Jim Butcher, FaerieCon 2013

Old 11-12-2013, 02:18 AM   #2813
bizzybody
Zealot
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Epic 4G, LifeDrive, Tungsten E2
Hounds, dogs, direwolves, dogs of war etc. Pah! All pale before the dithERkers.

That's not all the Spacetrawler strips with them, just ones that've been tagged. That plot thread starts here.
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #2814
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone & nook Glow
Are the "Bigfoot" themed short stories available anywhere separately, without buying the anthologies?
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #2815
alansplace
Wizard

Cool Bigfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
Are the "Bigfoot" themed short stories available anywhere separately, without buying the anthologies?
No, not that I'm aware of.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #2816
JSWolf
Suspended
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
The only way you can get them is via the anthologies. The only other option is to wait until there is another short story collection.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #2817
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The only way you can get them is via the anthologies. The only other option is to wait until there is another short story collection.
Hopefully the publisher will put one together.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #2818
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Hopefully the publisher will put one together.
Maybe alansplace should contact Jim Butcher and tell him he has one compiled and ready for publishing. I'll bet alansplace already has a cover and only needs to write a forward.

Helen
speakingtohe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #2819
alansplace
Wizard

Cool Aw, gee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Maybe alansplace should contact Jim Butcher and tell him he has one compiled and ready for publishing. I'll bet alansplace already has a cover and only needs to write a forward.

Helen
Aw, gee!

Old 11-12-2013, 11:04 AM   #2820
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Aw, gee!

That is a serious suggestion. Might come to nought but so what I think he might consider it especially if you made it clear you expected no money. He might even go all crazy and give you money.

I am sure it would amuse you to write a forward. It could be as simple as a favorite quote from each story and we know you are good at picking them out.

Worst case, we would all read your forward and perhaps even chortle a bit.

Helen
speakingtohe is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy