Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #2656
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle KB, Kindle PW 1 & 2, Kindle Fire 2, iPad Mini
Cool release date of 01/16/14 - not really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
Amazon has a release date of 01/16/14 for Skin Game. Is that confirmed?
That's what amazon.co.uk (Britain) has it dated as (it's a pre-order), but amazon.com (USA) hasn't even got it listed yet. There's been no publisher announcement, no word on jim-butcher.com and no cover has surfaced anywhere.

alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #2657
piper28
Zealot
piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
That's what amazon.co.uk (Britain) has it dated as (it's a pre-order), but amazon.com (USA) hasn't even got it listed yet. There's been no publisher announcement, no word on jim-butcher.com and no cover has surfaced anywhere.

All that to me adds up to there being no chance at all that it's coming out on Dec 3. I'm pretty sure we'll see a real date at amazon well in advance of it being released, and we're too close to Dec 3 for that to be realistic IMHO. Personally, if I had to make a guess from what we can see so far, I'd say Feb or Mar as the earliest we're likely to see it.
piper28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 10-29-2013, 08:34 AM   #2658
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict an August release of either the 5th or the 12th.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #2659
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
To the last 4 posts in this thread: You're all a bunch of party poopers

(Sorry I don't know how to multi-quote )
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #2660
red_phoenix
Constantly Changing
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post

I think Lea is saying that reality has no place in this count down.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #2661
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR Glowlight, Sony T1, Acer Iconia A200
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
Yes. And I concur. I much prefer irrational optimism.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #2662
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle GDX, Kindle 3, KPW, Nook HD+
So... I don't post much here, but I've been following along and plodding along with my first pass through The Dresden Files.

Since the first of September, I've finished White Night, Small Favor and Turn Coat. As has been said earlier in the thread, the writing is getting better and better and Mr. Butcher seems to always leave you wanting to get on to the next story. Now I'm worried about how things will change for Thomas.

I've got Changes loaded up, but it's probably going to be a couple weeks before I get to it. A few more books in line in front of it.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #2663
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, PRS-T1
Tomorrow I will hopefully finish Dead Beat and then on to the next. At this rate I will finish my reread before the next installment come out. Then again. who knows when that will be.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #2664
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Silly Symphony - The Skeleton Dance - A Halloween Treat

Released in 1929. This was the first and probably the greatest Silly Symphony. Something extra for All Hallows Eve Week. Enjoy.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:25 AM   #2665
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Yes. And I concur. I much prefer irrational optimism.
I concur as well. Speaking of which,

Skin Game release date countdown:
34 DAYS!

And for all you party poopers, worst case scenario is you'll be pleasantly surprised.
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:26 AM   #2666
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post

I've got Changes loaded up, but it's probably going to be a couple weeks before I get to it. A few more books in line in front of it.
Changes is great. It is a turning point in many ways. It lives up to its name and really delivers. It closes some arc, but generates and teases more. Knowing what it is in it, I would not be able to wait for a few weeks to pick it up when it is in line.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #2667
alansplace
Wizard

Cool assorted replies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
So... I don't post much here, but I've been following along and plodding along with my first pass through The Dresden Files.

Since the first of September, I've finished White Night, Small Favor and Turn Coat. As has been said earlier in the thread, the writing is getting better and better and Mr. Butcher seems to always leave you wanting to get on to the next story. Now I'm worried about how things will change for Thomas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Tomorrow I will hopefully finish Dead Beat and then on to the next. At this rate I will finish my reread before the next installment come out. Then again. who knows when that will be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Changes is great. It is a turning point in many ways. It lives up to its name and really delivers. It closes some arc, but generates and teases more. Knowing what it is in it, I would not be able to wait for a few weeks to pick it up when it is in line.
I'm doing my 4th (IIRC) read-through of the series and right now I'm just about 2/3 of the way through Changes. I wonder how many folks other than we 3 might also be re-reading the series in preperation for the release of Skin Game. Myself, I don't seem to ever get tired of re-reading it. Enjoy!

Old 10-31-2013, 02:53 AM   #2668
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
I'm on my first re-read. It looks like i missed number 2 entirely, I was still using libraries then. On 4 now and should be done for the release.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #2669
IcecreamLtDan
Groupie
IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, Kobo wireless, Kobo Glo
I'm actually doing a "Re-listen", as opposed to a "Re-read". Listening to Ghost Story right now which is rather timely and also rather Jarring as James Marsters didn't narrarate this one. Not that the gentleman who did this one is doing a bad job, rather I've just gotten so used to Mr. Marsters reading the story that it's strange to hear another voice in the role.
IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:39 PM   #2670
AlbertaCowboy
Proud Daddy!
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300, PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcecreamLtDan View Post
I'm actually doing a "Re-listen", as opposed to a "Re-read". Listening to Ghost Story right now which is rather timely and also rather Jarring as James Marsters didn't narrarate this one. Not that the gentleman who did this one is doing a bad job, rather I've just gotten so used to Mr. Marsters reading the story that it's strange to hear another voice in the role.
I can't imagine listening to Dresden audiobooks without Marster's voice. I stopped getting the audiobooks when I found out that he wasn't doing Ghost Story.
Even when I reread the books, it's Marster's voice in my head as Harry. (And Bob, especially.)
Did he come back for Cold Days, do you know offhand?
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy