Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #2311
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle KB, Kindle PW 1 & 2, Kindle Fire 2nd Gen
Cool Small Favor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Holy Cow!! Proven Guilty!! What an awesome re-read! Now on to White Night!
I finished my re-read of White Night this morning. It was really a great, great re-read! Next is Small Favor, I'll probably start it sometime tomorrow morning.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #2312
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Dresden Files Snippit (from White Night)

Quote:
I lifted my staff and slammed it down on the floor, forcing an effort of will through it to focus the energy of the blow into a far smaller area than the end of the staff. It struck the stone floor, shattering a chunk the size of a big dinner platter with a detonation almost indistinguishable from thunder. Another effort of will sent a rolling wave of silent fire, no more than five or six inches high, down the tunnel floor, in a red carpet of my very own.

I strode down it, Ramirez beside me, the fire rolling back away from our feet as we went, boots striking the stone together. We entered the cavern and found it packed with pale and startled beings, the entire place a wash of beautiful faces and gorgeous wardrobes—except for twenty feet around the entrance, where everyone had hurried away from the blazing herald of our presence.

I ignored everything, scanning the room until I found Grey Cloak, aka Vittorio Malvora, standing next to Madrigal Raith not thirty feet away. The murdering bastards were staring at us, mouths open in shock.

“Vittorio Malvora!” I called, my voice ringing with wrath in the echoing cavern. “Madrigal Raith! I am Harry Dresden, Warden of the White Council of Wizards. Under the Unseelie Accords, I accuse you of murder in a time of peace, and challenge you, here and now, before these witnesses, to trial by combat.” I slammed my staff down again in another shock of thunder, and Hellfire flooded the runes of the staff. “To the death.”

Utter silence fell on the Deeps.

Damn, there ain’t nothing like a good entrance.

Enthusiast
Old 08-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #2313
red_phoenix
Constantly Changing
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Harry definitely has style.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #2314
alansplace
Wizard

Cool Hello...anybody here...!

Old 08-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #2315
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:

I'm here, I'm here!!!

I'm still reading Summer Knight. About half way through now. As usual I'm enjoying my re-read.

Spoiler:
I'm just at the part where Harry is with Lea in Chicago-over-Chicago watching Summer and Winter prepare for war. Jim gives great descriptions, I find it very easy to "see" what Harry sees.

Even though I've read this a few times and know what happens next I still get excited and nervous for him. Damn Faeries, we're all messed up .
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #2316
alansplace
Wizard

Cool Released: Magic Rises: A Kate Daniels Novel

Quote:

Magic Rises: A Kate Daniels Novel
Ilona Andrews
Kate Daniels and her mate, Curran, the Beast Lord, struggle to control their beasts, and many of the Pack's shapeshifting children fail to survive to adulthood. The European shapeshifters have a secret medicine that can help and have asked the Beast Lord to arbitrate a dispute—and they’ll pay him in medicine. With the young people’s survival and the Pack’s future at stake, Kate and Curran know they must accept the offer—but they have little doubt that they’re heading straight into a trap…

Last edited by alansplace; 08-20-2013 at 11:56 AM. Reason: add link...
Old 08-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #2317
AlbertaCowboy
Proud Daddy!
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300, PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7"
Heeeeeeeellllllllllp!

(Also by the way, how does one embed the image in the text instead of attaching it??)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	109663  
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #2318
alansplace
Wizard

Cool Excited and nervous all over again each time I read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post

I'm here, I'm here!!!

I'm still reading Summer Knight. About half way through now. As usual I'm enjoying my re-read.

Spoiler:
I'm just at the part where Harry is with Lea in Chicago-over-Chicago watching Summer and Winter prepare for war. Jim gives great descriptions, I find it very easy to "see" what Harry sees.

Even though I've read this a few times and know what happens next I still get excited and nervous for him. Damn Faeries, we're all messed up .
Double to excited and nervous!

Old 08-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #2319
alansplace
Wizard

Cool The web address of the image

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Heeeeeeeellllllllllp!

(Also by the way, how does one embed the image in the text instead of attaching it??)
Put the web address of the image between IMG tags at the place you want the image to be. For instance:

Last edited by alansplace; 08-21-2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: add image
Old 08-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #2320
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch (Wifi only)
Skin Game release date:
105 DAYS!

And Chosen will be out in
7 DAYS!

Sorry I've been gone -- I was cramming the James Potter Series, amongst others. I've finally finished everything but the Morrigan Web, which I am waiting on an ebook file for...

P.S. Only one week till the next Alex Verus book comes out!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #2321
alansplace
Wizard

Cool Dresden Files Snippits (from Small Favor)

Quote:

Luccio sat on a footstool in front of the fire, facing the flames. My teapot hung on its latch over the fire. A basin of steaming water sat upon the hearth. As I watched, she dipped a cloth in the hot water and slid it over her shoulder and down the length of one arm, her face in profile to me. Her eyes were closed in an expression of simple pleasure. The light of the fire made lovely, exquisitely feminine shadows along the slender lines of her naked back, down to the waist of her jeans as she moved, muscles shifting beneath soft skin that shimmered golden like the firelight for a second after the warm cloth glided over it, leaving little wisps of vapor in its wake.

Something else had never really occurred to me before, either.

Luccio was beautiful.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The door opened, and Murphy and Kincaid arrived. Kincaid was moving under his own power, though very gingerly, and with the aid of a walking stick. I got out of the way, and he came over to settle down next to Ivy. She woke up enough to murmur something about cookies and a Happy Meal. He settled down on the bed beside her, and she pressed up against his arm before settling down to rest again. Kincaid, evidently exhausted himself, drew a gun, took the safety off, placed it on his chest, and went to sleep too.

“It’s cute,” I whispered to Murphy. “He has a teddy Glock.”
Old 08-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #2322
alansplace
Wizard

Cool Turn Coat

Quote:
I finished my re-read of White Night this morning. It was really a great, great re-read! Next is Small Favor, I'll probably start it sometime tomorrow morning.
Re-reading Small Favor was a treat! Now onto Turn Coat!

Old 08-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #2323
red_phoenix
Constantly Changing
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I'm brought back to each book every time you post a quote. So enjoyable.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #2324
alansplace
Wizard

Cool Image size

Quote:
Put the web address of the image between IMG tags at the place you want the image to be...
Oops...also make sure the image is no larger than the mobileread guidelines allow!

Old 08-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #2325
alansplace
Wizard

Cool Characters

Images are from deviantart.com

Quote:

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy