Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #2026
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle KB, Kindle PW 1 & 2, Kindle Fire 2, iPad Mini
Cool Cosplayers

The term cosplay applies to any costumed role play in venues apart from the stage, regardless of the cultural context. - Wikipedia

I found this picture of some cosplayers on the web emulating Harry, Molly and Murphy and thought it to be an interesting picture.

alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:44 PM   #2027
AlbertaCowboy
Proud Daddy!
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300, PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7"
How'd they get Cindy Lauper to dress as Molly?
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #2028
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Cosplayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
How'd they get Cindy Lauper to dress as Molly?

Hmmm...well if you don't care for that Molly, then how about one of the above?

Last edited by alansplace; 05-27-2013 at 03:59 PM. Reason: adjust graphics
Old 05-27-2013, 10:06 PM   #2029
alansplace
Wizard

Cool Cosplayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Hmmm...well if you don't care for that Molly, then how about one of the above
...or also how about some alternate Murphys?

Old 05-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #2030
alansplace
Wizard

Cool faux-cosplay

How about a faux-cosplay [photoshopped] of Harry?!?

Old 05-31-2013, 12:37 PM   #2031
alansplace
Wizard

Cool Darth Vader VS Harry Dresden

[beware of a couple of F-bombs in this video]

Posted by cherubicwindigo

WOW!
What an imagination she has!
What energy!

Last edited by alansplace; 05-31-2013 at 02:13 PM. Reason: oops!
Old 05-31-2013, 06:18 PM   #2032
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch (Wifi only)
Skin Game release date:
186 DAYS!

And Chosen will be out in
78 DAYS!

Last edited by dreams; 06-07-2013 at 02:59 PM. Reason: replaced shortened url with full link - moderator
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:36 PM   #2033
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 (Wifi Only), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
[beware of a couple of F-bombs in this video]

Posted by cherubicwindigo

WOW!
What an imagination she has!
What energy!

She lost me at "None Dresden Files reading MF!" I was so amused I didn't hear a thing that came after ...

And... You, Alan, are apparently the last person I Karma'd and I have to go Karma others before I can Karma you again. **sigh**
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:07 PM   #2034
alansplace
Wizard

Cool tough life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
She lost me at "None Dresden Files reading MF!" I was so amused I didn't hear a thing that came after ...

And... You, Alan, are apparently the last person I Karma'd and I have to go Karma others before I can Karma you again. **sigh**
Oh well, it's a tough life!

Old 06-01-2013, 02:15 AM   #2035
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
Storm Front will probably not blow your mind--I found it fun but not as awesome as some of the later books. It is the first one, though, and the series is probably best read in order. It's not absolutely critical and Butcher does catch you up a bit in each book, but you'll appreciate the character relationships more if you get them from the start, I think.

And yes, there was a 2-season TV series, but a lot of Dresden fans would rather not mention it. I liked it well enough for what it was, but it didn't inspire me to pick up the books--this thread did that.
Book is on wait list so far
did view first 2 episodes tv series on recent plane flight
am getting rest
interesting like Supernatural tv show but no Devil or Angels - yet
Dresden seems weak wizard and uses tricks to defeat powerful foe

1 question: how did Dresden father who had no magic fend off powerful uncle?
a threat to "kill" from failed magician seems without weight

character Dresden was bad vampire in Gates show
Sorry Gates failed.
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #2036
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 (Wifi Only), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsooth View Post

The uncle wanted Harry. If the uncle had killed the father, especially in Harry's presence, he would have "lost" Harry.

Oh, and Harry is NO weakling... 1. He tries (but often fails) to keep a low profile. 2. Even he didn't know exactly how powerful he actually is, but learns more as the written series continues.

They really could have done a better job supporting and promoting the tv show. I'm still holding out hope for a reboot.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #2037
alansplace
Wizard

Cool Book Review: Fool Moon by Jim Butcher

Quote:
Jun 30, 2011 - TheLadyKaylah - My opinion on Jim Butcher's Fool Moon, book two of the Dresden Files.
I really can't wait to see what the third book is about!
Feel free to leave comments/video responses with your own opinions or experiences with Jim Butcher's Dresden Files series.
Sorry, Im still in my workout clothes.

Follow me on Twitter:
Find me on Facebook:
Ask me questions on Formspring:
E-mail me at:
izhappyluv@yahoo.com

Thank you for your time I appreciate it greatly. Let's talk, lets debate!! For the sake of sunshine!

Last edited by alansplace; 06-01-2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: oops...
Old 06-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #2038
alansplace
Wizard

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsooth View Post
Book is on wait list so far
did view first 2 episodes tv series on recent plane flight
am getting rest
interesting like Supernatural tv show but no Devil or Angels - yet
Dresden seems weak wizard and uses tricks to defeat powerful foe

character Dresden was bad vampire in Gates show
Sorry Gates failed.
I recommend you do what I do.

Think of the TV series as completely different from the book series.

Only one of the TV episodes is based on a book in the series. The characters and stories in the TV series are only very loosely based on the characters and stories in the book series.

Most of all, enjoy!

Old 06-02-2013, 01:25 AM   #2039
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
Quote:
I recommend you do what I do.

Think of the TV series as completely different from the book series.

Only one of the TV episodes is based on a book in the series. The characters and stories in the TV series are only very loosely based on the characters and stories in the book series.

Most of all, enjoy!

Thank U. alansplace
I will see all.

Too many bad zombie movies and tv shows on.

most vampire show juvenile.
Did like Daybreakers movie though.

Thank U. Nyssa.
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #2040
alansplace
Wizard

Cool Jim Butcher Skin Game Reading Miscon

Quote:

May 29, 2013

Jim reading the first few chapters from his upcoming Dresden Files novel, Skin Game.
hmmmm...it ends kinda' abruptly!

Ah Ha...fixed below!

Quote:
Jim Butcher Skin Game Reading Miscon part 2
my phone went haywire and I missed about 5 seconds or so of the reading. sorry
Ah Ha...a 2nd fix below!
Quote:
Jim Butcher Skin Games MisCon reading missing portion

Last edited by alansplace; 07-10-2013 at 02:22 PM. Reason: addendum

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy