Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #1981
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
Oh no you didn't just steal my countdown!!!!
Absolutely, you're being irresponsible about keeping us posted, so I get to steal your job.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #1982
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Skin Game release countdown

202 DAYS!!!

I just started the last Codex Alera book. I can't believe I'm almost done . What an excellent series.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 05-16-2013, 06:58 AM   #1983
Andy_T
Addict
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Eager for "The Aeronaut's Windlass" now...

AP,

thank you for posting that interview!!!

I am positively eager for Jim Butcher's new series now...

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #1984
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great interview Alan, thanks for posting.

This was really interesting to me. I can't wait for Skin Game ....only 201 days left

Quote:
J: The next novel is called Skin Game. In it, we find out that Mab has various debts which she has incurred over the years and Mab is very keen on getting her debts paid, and when one of the people she owes shows up and asks for a favour, she loans him Harry Dresden in order to help him. So Harry is going to find himself, by command of Queen Mab, assisting Nicodemus Archleon in a heist. They’re going on a bank job, and they’re going to knock over the vault of Hades — the Lord of the Underworld.

Harry is going to be very far out of his element because he’s going to be working with this crew of nasties that Nicodemus has recruited and having to survive that situation, and it’s going to make him look so good to the White Council and everyone else that he’s running around with this crew.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #1985
red_phoenix
Blue Christmas
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Great interview Alan, thanks for posting.

This was really interesting to me. I can't wait for Skin Game ....only 201 days left

J: The next novel is called Skin Game. In it, we find out that Mab has various debts which she has incurred over the years and Mab is very keen on getting her debts paid, and when one of the people she owes shows up and asks for a favour, she loans him Harry Dresden in order to help him. So Harry is going to find himself, by command of Queen Mab, assisting Nicodemus Archleon in a heist. They’re going on a bank job, and they’re going to knock over the vault of Hades — the Lord of the Underworld.

Harry is going to be very far out of his element because he’s going to be working with this crew of nasties that Nicodemus has recruited and having to survive that situation, and it’s going to make him look so good to the White Council and everyone else that he’s running around with this crew.
Why does Jim hate Harry?
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #1986
Pookeysgirl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
Why does Jim hate Harry?
I have no idea, but it certainly feels that way to me as well. Poor guy just can't catch a break. He totally needs a hug.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #1987
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Coolreader(Nexus 5)\Coolreader(Nook Touch)
Quote:
202 DAYS!!!

I just started the last Codex Alera book. I can't believe I'm almost done . What an excellent series.
Well I like it more than the Dresden series to be honest maybe because it is short comparably. For me a few books in the Dresden series started dragging a bit and I was not anticipating a new book till ghost story that has picked things back up for me
Dopedangel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #1988
Pookeysgirl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Well I like it more than the Dresden series to be honest maybe because it is short comparably. For me a few books in the Dresden series started dragging a bit and I was not anticipating a new book till ghost story that has picked things back up for me
I get really sucked in to my books if they are well written. Harry had me hooked from the beginning. I did struggle to like Karen though. She was a real pain those first few books and I almost couldn't read any more because she made me so mad with how she treated him.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #1989
AlbertaCowboy
Proud Daddy!
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300, PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7"
Sigh.
Knowing plot points makes it so much harder to wait.
I can't wait for the return of the Nickleheads!

Also great interviews, Alan! Keep 'em coming!

Last edited by AlbertaCowboy; 05-17-2013 at 01:04 PM.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #1990
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles 2, KB, PW 1, PW 2, Voyage, & Fire 2 -- iPad mini
Cool really?!?

Quote:
Why does Jim hate Harry?
Quote:
I have no idea, but it certainly feels that way to me as well. Poor guy just can't catch a break. He totally needs a hug.
You both really think that? Well I sure don't.

Jim's a novelist who earns his living by writing exciting and suspenseful stories. He accomplishes this by putting his main character into seemingly impossible situations and then somehow getting him out of those situations alive (except, of course, for one notable exception, which was rectified by the end of the next book in the series). This is, IMHO, the main reason why most readers keep coming back for more, many of them, myself included, waiting anxiously for the release of the next book in the series. In interviews he sometimes does say that he hates Harry, but he says this with his tongue firmly planted in his cheek. You see, he's joking!! He loves making people laugh.

Last edited by alansplace; 05-16-2013 at 09:31 PM. Reason: oops...
alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:44 PM   #1991
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Taken, (Alex Verus #3) by Benedict Jacka

You folks got me all stirred up about Alex Verus so I've just begun reading Taken. It's pretty good so far!

Old 05-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #1992
red_phoenix
Blue Christmas
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
You both really think that? Well I sure don't.

Jim's a novelist who earns his living by writing exciting and suspenseful stories. He accomplishes this by putting his main character into seemingly impossible situations and then somehow getting him out of those situations alive (except, of course, for one notable exception, which was rectified by the end of the next book in the series). This is, IMHO, the main reason why most readers keep coming back for more, many of them, myself included, waiting anxiously for the release of the next book in the series. In interviews he sometimes does say that he hates Harry, but he says this with his tongue firmly planted in his cheek. You see, he's joking!! He loves making people laugh.

There has been a misunderstanding. I know that Jim loves his character Harry. If he didn't he wouldn't have written so many books about him. And as an author it is his job to put his character into impossible situations and then get him out again. It is what makes him such a good writer and why I cannot wait to read Skin Games.

My comment was more about Jim making Harry work with the nickleheads. How sadistic is that? But I am sadistic too because I want to read the book even more now that I know this is the plot line. I do not need any more details than that. December cannot get here fast enough.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #1993
alansplace
Wizard

misunderstanding

Quote:
There has been a misunderstanding. I know that Jim loves his character Harry. If he didn't he wouldn't have written so many books about him. And as an author it is his job to put his character into impossible situations and then get him out again. It is what makes him such a good writer and why I cannot wait to read Skin Games.

My comment was more about Jim making Harry work with the nickleheads. How sadistic is that? But I am sadistic too because I want to read the book even more now that I know this is the plot line. I do not need any more details than that. December cannot get here fast enough.
Yep, you're correct, I misunderstood. Perhaps Pook didn't?

Old 05-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #1994
AlbertaCowboy
Proud Daddy!
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300, PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7"
Quote:
You folks got me all stirred up about Alex Verus so I've just begun reading Taken. It's pretty good so far!

Finished it last night, myself. I'm looking forward to the next installment!
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #1995
red_phoenix
Blue Christmas

Quote:
Yep, you're correct, I misunderstood. Perhaps Pook didn't?

No worries.

Perhaps if I lurked less and posted more there would not have been a misunderstanding.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy