Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-15-2007, 05:41 AM   #1
Gacel
Gacel began at the beginning.

Device: Flybook
Time to introduce myself...

Hi,

I am Jens (better just use my nick Gacel) from germany.
I am interested in mobile devices for sometime and started with the early Palm devices a long time ago (including programming, e.g. "BigClock").

Lately i am not satisfied with the offerings. Currently i am a unhappy user of a HTC smartphone. So instead of whining about existing devices i decided to try to build my own. The chances for success are not very big, but i am along for the fun and learning on the way to desaster

So, behold, i am currently having a E-Ink Vizplex Prototype Board before me... and i cant even find the ON switch

What i am planning to build is only part E Reader, more a kind of "Personal Information Device". Supporting at least e-books, calender, contacts and notes and maybe somthing more like mp3 playing and other cool stuff.

The main goal is to keep it small, so i ordered the 5" panel. More information when i get to it.

I am planning on putting up some kind of blog in the near future to document my progress and maybe get some help from the community.

Have Fun,
Gacel
Gacel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:51 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Welcome to MobileRead.

What other sizes of Vizplex prototype boards can you get? This does sound very interesting. I look forward to reading of your progress in building this device.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 10-15-2007, 06:04 AM   #3
Gacel
Gacel began at the beginning.

Device: Flybook
Just check out the prototype page: http://www.e-ink.com/kits/index.html

They are offering 5", 6", 8" and 9.7" displays.
Gacel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:56 AM   #4
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
Hi Gacel,

That sounds like a very interesting project! Would love to hear about the results (and see some images)!
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:29 AM   #5
JANUSJANUS
JANUSJANUS began at the beginning.

Device: sony ericsson p990i and ZT8898
HI TO EVERYONE, IM JON
FROM THE PHILIPPINES
JANUSJANUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:01 AM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STGR
Welcome to MobileRead, Gacel and JANUSJANUS, both!

One minor suggestion, JANUSJANUS -- all caps are generally regarded as yelling in the on-line world (and they're a bit hard to read, besides), so you may wish to consider releasing the caps lock key.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:06 AM   #7
yvanleterrible
When books can fly!
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini in my lunchbox.
Are you writing from a noisy internet café JANUSJANUS?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote