Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 09-02-2011, 12:15 AM   #1
BatGrfx
BatGrfx began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Break Document at Paragraph Style

I am using The Break Document at Paragraph Style for my TOC and to break up my book and it works great. The only problem is that the text at the top of the page will not center on my export from Indesign. I tried to align it in Dreamweaver and it came up as an error for alignment in the epub checker. I tried to align it in Sigil and did the job but it erased my video files for some reason. Does anyone have an xml code for aligning text for The Break Document at Paragraph Style?

Thanks
BAT
BatGrfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #2
Strayer
Strayer began at the beginning.

Device: none
If you are going to self pub the ebook, I'd try to simplify any formatting. It can go all wrong when you upload. TOC are difficult and a lot of people have trouble with it.
I uploaded at Barnes & Noble and Amazon Kindle using the same Word .doc. I had no problems. I didn't need a TOC.
Strayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #3
dtracy4
dtracy4 has learned how to read e-booksdtracy4 has learned how to read e-booksdtracy4 has learned how to read e-booksdtracy4 has learned how to read e-booksdtracy4 has learned how to read e-booksdtracy4 has learned how to read e-booksdtracy4 has learned how to read e-booksdtracy4 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
I just published my first book a couple days ago. It was published to Kindle, so not sure if this advice will be relevant to you.

Anyway, I found that editing the HTML file directly was easiest. Word and other programs seem to add in a lot of junk tags that the ebook readers discard. Plus, by looking at the HTML, you can see exactly what's going on.

For your situation, you can add the <center> tag at the start of the TOC.
dtracy4 is offline   Reply With Quote