Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-01-2011, 11:30 PM   #1
fnardo
fnardo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2
Command-line conversion formats

Hi folks,

I am lovin using the command-line in Calibre.. faaast!

I am going through and 'cleaning up' lots of my books, and I have no problem using the 'find and replace' function in the gui, and have even mastered(?) regex. When I convert using the gui, I hit the wizard buttion and the original file is shown in html. I then go through and look for stuff to remove, change class attributes etc.

How can I do this in the command line? The GUI must do a 'partial' convert to show the file in the initial html, but I cant get it to do that with the command line. I have tried converting it to html, oeb, (no extention) and in each case it converts it to html, but with the calibre css tags (i.e. Calibre12, 16, etc). In most cases I have found that it is easier to find the stuff you need to replace in the html format presented by the wizard, particularly text documents etc... though I am not 100% sure where this formatting comes from in the first place. I can use the wizard to look at two different text files and they may have totally different style of html(?)

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers,

Pete.
fnardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
--debug-pipeline
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement