Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #1
melitabel
Enthusiast
melitabel began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
PE can't read EE library backup

I have backed up the library from my malperforming EE. Because I don't trust anything it does now, even the message that the backup had been done, I took the USB drive to my PE and tried to verify that at least my journals were really there. But no- the PE can't read it; it says the file is from another machine and "Please try again later."

Has anyone else ever tried this? They are both running Ermine.
melitabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:50 AM   #2
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Le Pan 10, Kindle Fire, and Samsung Galaxy SII
Just a guess, maybe someone can verify, that the backups are machine specific. I haven't worked with the backup system on the edge, look around and see if you can change some settings.

Hopefully someone else with some experience will post soon.

You could also search the forum while you wait and see if something turns up. I'd guess if they are machine specific someone has found a way around it - hope hope hope :-)
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 08-28-2011, 04:51 AM   #3
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, PE, Note 8
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by melitabel View Post
I have backed up the library from my malperforming EE. ... But no- the PE can't read it; it says the file is from another machine and "Please try again later." Has anyone else ever tried this? ...
There is a thread in the archives that addresses why this happens and how to make it work.

Edit: Support says there is no way to salvage my backup post # 22.

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 08-28-2011 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Added info.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:36 PM   #4
melitabel
Enthusiast
melitabel began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
Thanks, Gunner. This at least gives me hope that the files actually are there. I think I'll go ahead and downgrade and re-upgrade the Edge.
melitabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:39 AM   #5
CheyenneDonna
Connoisseur
CheyenneDonna has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage Edge
If you follow that thread Gunner referred you to you will see that I was able to rescue my journals. Since I had backup copies of all my books on my PC all was well. However, you will find the journal files don't display correctly on the PE - the page size is too big. You can email them to yourself as PDF images and read them on your PC. After that disaster I email all my journal files as backup.
CheyenneDonna is offline   Reply With Quote